★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I need advice from your experience guys hehe

01-21-2011, 05:46 AM
I need advice from your experience guys hehe

Hi there!

It's a long story, but I will be brief: I have to do a project for college, and I was thinking to create a simple app, and share my experience for the project; from the first idea of develop an app until it got published in the app store. It's a cool idea, but I need advice because I don't know if it's too complicated to do it.

The project execution would be from 1st February to mid June. I can work on this project from 30 to 35 hours per week. I don't have any idea of programming for iPhone, I just know the basics of C language, and I'm going to learn from Internet sources. I have a Mac. The app is going to be very easy to implement, but with some funcionality; it has to do something! The purpose of the project is to learn and share my whole experience.

So, any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks guys!!!

Heavy Devil is my latest game, check it out! AppStore GooglePlay

Last edited by Drakeer Melkhor; 01-21-2011 at 05:57 AM.
01-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Sounds like a cool enough idea I am a little hazy of the why's, exactly, but it's certainly do-able if you have a passing interest in this stuff and are willing to do a little work.

Keep your goals reasonable and manageable and it could certainly be a good experience. Maybe check out Corona or something (I don't know much about it, but a lot of people mentioning it lately).

There's plenty of development blogs around which should help you get a feel for how to get started, and hanging around on developer forums asking for "what direction should I go" as you get deeper into it is always a good thing - so long as you are willing and able to do the legwork. Maybe team up with an artist/designer to make it a little easier on yourself as well.

Good luck
01-21-2011, 08:40 PM
What if the app detailed the making of the app? Like an interactive slideshow, a video presentation, a tips and tricks section...
01-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K?! View Post
What if the app detailed the making of the app? Like an interactive slideshow, a video presentation, a tips and tricks section...
Thats an interesting idea... Lol too bad I decided to go with Java