★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Raising Stacks - The Ultimate Stacking Game

11-17-2015, 03:36 AM
Raising Stacks - The Ultimate Stacking Game

Available December First!
Hope you like the look!

Youtube link | Pop Up

In December we'll be releasing a free iOS game based on a few classic block-stacking arcade games

How it works - Catch falling colored blocks to build stacks of uniform color, get exponential gains based on how high the stack is when it's cashed in (gain = blocks-in-stack squared). If you miss a matching color or catch the wrong color, that particular color won't fall anymore (but you can earn them back if you do well in the game). Once you lose all colors the game is over. (Demonstrated in the video)

Why it's awesome - As your stacks rise, you have less time to react to falling blocks, so you want higher, more valuable stacks, you must be quick. In many ways it is much like the classic arcade game Stacker, however, since you can cash in your stacks at any height and have 3 stack colors, it is much more diverse and entertaining while it maintains a simplistic, classic feel.
Let us know what you think!

Last edited by BIANGLE; 11-28-2015 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Updated Information
11-18-2015, 01:25 PM
Raising stacks review

I was givin the opportunity to play this game. The controls and over all functionality seem very intuitive. It may have a few very minor bugs but they're not imperative to practical gameplay. If you like simple competitive arcade games or just want something new to occupy yourself with at the airport, school, etc then this is definitely worth your support!

11-19-2015, 03:11 PM
!great game!

Really enjoying STACKS. Don't see much similarity to any other block games in actual play. Realizing my reflexes need improvement though! It is simple at first glance but the increasing complexities are very challenging. Am seeing the endless possibilities to improve on tactics & score kick in the more I play though. ( ie the sensitivity bar, cash in early feature; very unique, innovate ideas/assists!). Using original music is awesome! - classy - fits the game well- very interesting how it "builds" as the game advances. Love the fireworks!

Last edited by bt316; 11-19-2015 at 03:37 PM.
11-19-2015, 09:39 PM
wow shocked :)

This game honestly looks like it can be the next classic game but for this generation. It looks simple,fun and addicting can't wait till this game drops. I also see this game changing the ways developers think by showing them that the simple things can also make a big impact.
11-20-2015, 09:54 PM
Thank you!/Update

Thank you for the positive feedback everyone! We have also made a last-minute update to the graphics that we think you'll agree is beautiful.
11-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Looks like a good time passer

Has kinda a simple/minimalist look, but doesn't look unfinished or anythin and thats pretty cool. As a fellow developer i notice a lotta games nowadays are really complicated and over-engineered (of course there are a few gems out there), and this one seems to keep it simple and innovative; a time passer/procrastination catalyst lol. Kudos, looking forward to trying it out!
11-28-2015, 10:32 PM
Can't wait for it to come out and get my hands n this great looking game
Today, 05:11 AM
This looks great!