★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Daredevil Dave 2

04-18-2012, 10:10 AM
I loved the first :> I cant wait for the second ~!!!!!!
04-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robiow View Post
What was this idea you were working on in March, and we won't judge your game by a video, we know how polished the first one was!
Sorry about that. I keep wanting to put something together but every time I try, I realize I could be spending time working on the game. A video needs to be done.

I'm actually struggling for a way to record it. I wanna capture it directly from the iPad...I have a few ideas. Daves two year birthday is next month (May 11) so I want something prepared for that, if not sooner. I'll probably have Dave do some voice-overs for it too.

About Dave --- "Dave" is actually my good friend, Douglas Doherty. He does all the voice work for Dave and he is totally awesome at it! I'm fortunate to have a friend who possesses a sense of humor that is at least as strange as mine, if not more-so (maybe a lot more).

The new game will feature Douglas as Dave, of course! There will be many many MANY more voice clips in the game too. Many more of everything! I promise!

Dave's Facebook page. Ya, I don't like FB either but oh well.

Find out about the upcoming Daredevil Dave 2!!!

The best place for info is right here in this thread at TA!

04-20-2012, 12:21 AM
This should be a lot of fun on the new iPad I'm getting. Hope to see video soon, once you get it figured out, and really looking forward to playing it!
05-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Happy Birthday, Dave!

Today, May 11, marks Daredevil Dave's 2nd birthday!!!

This also slams home the fact that it's been 2 years since the first game was released...and no sequel!

Incredibly (at least I'm surprised after all this time) Dave is ranked #35 in the Racing category. Other games have come and gone over the past two years, but Dave is hanging in there. He got as high as #6 in the App Store, and was #1 in Racing for awhile. It's gotta be one of the oldest "top" games in the category. I can't believe people are still giving 4 and 5 star reviews, given the advancements in phone technology and the beautiful graphics of todays games.

I was hoping to have a video ready for today, but I do not. The capture card I used did not work so I had to order some new stuff.

Video should be ready within 2 weeks. I'm not going to make a big fancy trailer or "teaser" either. Don't we all hate seeing a bunch of pre-rendered 3D animations with spinning logos and big long intros anyways? Where's the game play!? Give me a break! This will not be one of "those videos". It will contain gameplay footage, and probably nothing else.

A huge thanks to everyone who has purchased the game, played the free versions, written a review, or simply posted in this thread. I am humbled by your awesomeness!

Dave, you are soooooo cooooool!!! Happy Birthday!!!

05-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Happy birthday dave!

I agree that I'd much rather see some gameplay footage instead of some cgi cutscene. Can't wait.
05-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Happy game birthday, indeed. Hoping to see some tasty gameplay footage soon and dying to play this baby ASAP!
06-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Updates please

06-07-2012, 06:42 PM
The first Daredevil Dave is one of my top ten favorite iPhone games I've EVER played. I eagerly awaited the release, as I eagerly await Dave 2. I just loved Dave 1, had so much fun, even when I failed I enjoyed it. I think I played it more than any game on my iPhone, even 2 years later. I must thank you for such a different innovative game, A game that still hasn't been matched in his uniqueness.

Best of luck with the future release of Dave 2, I eagerly await the game, and will be one of your first customers once it's released. Thanks again for creating such a great game.
06-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robiow View Post
Updates please

I know, I know Thanks for hangin' in there! You're one of Dave's most loyal fans, I will not let you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
The first Daredevil Dave is one of my top ten favorite iPhone games I've EVER played. I eagerly awaited the release, as I eagerly await Dave 2. I just loved Dave 1, had so much fun, even when I failed I enjoyed it. I think I played it more than any game on my iPhone, even 2 years later. I must thank you for such a different innovative game, A game that still hasn't been matched in his uniqueness.

Best of luck with the future release of Dave 2, I eagerly await the game, and will be one of your first customers once it's released. Thanks again for creating such a great game.
Hey guys! Thanks for the cool post, Scott99, that's really nice to hear. You made my morning I love crashing Dave too, in fact I can't remember the last time I tried to land him safely, even while testing the new game!

I made a test video and it worked great! Finally! I set it to a Megadeth song, "Skin Of My Teeth", but I don't think I can post it with that song. I've been touching up a few jumps so they are presentable enough to be in a vid.

To anyone out there who wants to record off their iPad, this is the product I am using. This converts the signal to VGA...I got tired of screwing with HDMI problems. It works awesome:

http://www.amazon.com/AVERMEDIA-Broa.../dp/B006T8QCYA

I promise a video very shortly, hopefully within a week from today. Maybe sooner. I am going to capture some new footage (without all the ugly test info displayed on the HUD) and I'll be good to go.

06-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Update: Should have a vid in a few days!