Support our Sponsors:

Old 01-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
I would like some opinions if anybody has one. I'm curious as to how many people who've played Daredevil Dave like the idea of the "House Of Pain" jump. It's the one where the object is to crash (rather than landing safely) and rack up a big medical bill. The medical bill is then multiplied by 2 and that becomes your prize money for the jump.

I may put more jumps like this into the game but I'd love to hear some opinions on this. Another way to ask this is, which is more fun...Injury Mode or the regular Tour Mode? I guess by having some of these types of "crash only" jumps in the regular tour, I am combining the two together.

There are a lot of jumps to be designed yet, so I'm certainly open to ideas

The "House of Pain" jump was one of my favorites! You should definitely add more of those levels.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:30 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I will do that.

I also have plans for some jumps similar to the "Bomber" jump where Dave jumps his bike through the 4th floor window of a terrorist hideout with a big bomb strapped to his back. Dave's tour will be a bit more of an adventure this time around

Perhaps some other agencies around the world will need him to perform similar tasks. In fact, one tentative title for the game was "Daredevil Dave Saves The World!"

One other improvement to the game will be the way you setup your jumps. You will be able to control a free roaming camera so that you can get better viewing angles of the jumps, rather than the side-view only method in the last game. This will be a big help for some of the more complex jumps.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:37 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
The "House of Pain" jump was one of my favorites! You should definitely add more of those levels.
Sounds like a "Hall of Meat" type thing. Seems like it will be a great addition, sounds very fun!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:54 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinice View Post
Sounds like a "Hall of Meat" type thing. Seems like it will be a great addition, sounds very fun!
Yes, crashing Dave is definitely the best part of the game, at least for me. It's wat Dave does best!

Old 01-26-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Yes, crashing Dave is definitely the best part of the game, at least for me. It's wat Dave does best!

Epic picture. And I've always wondered, how do you pronounce your name? It sounds like gibberish to me.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Send a message via AIM to Java

Quote:
I will do that.

I also have plans for some jumps similar to the "Bomber" jump where Dave jumps his bike through the 4th floor window of a terrorist hideout with a big bomb strapped to his back. Dave's tour will be a bit more of an adventure this time around

Perhaps some other agencies around the world will need him to perform similar tasks. In fact, one tentative title for the game was "Daredevil Dave Saves The World!"

One other improvement to the game will be the way you setup your jumps. You will be able to control a free roaming camera so that you can get better viewing angles of the jumps, rather than the side-view only method in the last game. This will be a big help for some of the more complex jumps.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:15 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by K?! View Post
Epic picture. And I've always wondered, how do you pronounce your name? It sounds like gibberish to me.
I found that old picture last night

My user name is gibberish lol. It's pronounced "shplerg". Years ago I needed a name so I figured I'd create something nobody could possibly have. "Schplurg" is an onamonapia (which is a funny word itself) - I think I was considering what it might sound like to step on a frog haha.

I guess I could have changed it at some point.

Is anybody here old enough to have read Mad Magazine way back when? They were the kings of onamonapia (words that describe a sound). "glick!, splork!" etc etc.

But I digress...

Old 01-26-2011, 06:25 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 4.x

Quote:
I would like some opinions if anybody has one. I'm curious as to how many people who've played Daredevil Dave like the idea of the "House Of Pain" jump.
There are a lot of jumps to be designed yet, so I'm certainly open to ideas

I loved the house of pain jump, had to be one of my favorites. I hope you add more of those in the sequel.

Do you have a estimated release date? Like what season or month?

I have a couple ideas for levels, one where Dave goes through a sort of factory (this one is would be like the house of pain level.) and depending on how you angle your jump and what speed your at your land on one of like 4 conveyor belts and i haven't figured out much after that...

Another is like the one where you had to jump in a window to stop terrorists in the first one, how about you have to jump into a burning building (thus setting your angle to avoid flames) to jump to the top floor to save a kitten trapped inside? You could get some funny sayings by dave to go with it
Old 01-26-2011, 07:47 PM
iPhone 5, OS 4.x

what no squished car for the beginning of DD2 ?!?! lol
Old 01-26-2011, 08:32 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxw245 View Post
I loved the house of pain jump, had to be one of my favorites. I hope you add more of those in the sequel.

Do you have a estimated release date? Like what season or month?

I have a couple ideas for levels, one where Dave goes through a sort of factory (this one is would be like the house of pain level.) and depending on how you angle your jump and what speed your at your land on one of like 4 conveyor belts and i haven't figured out much after that...

Another is like the one where you had to jump in a window to stop terrorists in the first one, how about you have to jump into a burning building (thus setting your angle to avoid flames) to jump to the top floor to save a kitten trapped inside? You could get some funny sayings by dave to go with it
There will be some rescue missions I think, especially if I continue with the current storyline idea.

Conveyor belts leading through some painful "devices" would be interesting...I like that!

Release date: I don't know. Several months. I won't speculate yet...I got in trouble last time I did that