★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Captain America: The First Avenger by Gameloft

01-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
Captain America: The First Avenger by Gameloft

According to the Pocketgamer Rumor Mine, Gameloft will be picking up the game:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Vario...re.asp?c=26848

Click image for larger version

Name:	captain-america-the-first-avenge.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	29231
01-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Hopefully it's not a re skinning of iron man, or spider man. The captain deserves better than that!

01-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiso View Post
Hopefully it's not a re skinning of iron man, or spider man. The captain deserves better than that!
As long as its better than Iron Man, I'll probably get it. That game was just plain Terrible!
01-23-2011, 12:10 AM
I still wish they ported the original spiderman game from the pc to ios. I loved that game!! played it over and over and over and over.......

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, M.U.S.E, The Shadow Sun, Galaxy On Fire 3, Daredevil Dave 2, JumpKnight: Missions, Topia: Age of Creation, Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Max Payne, 2013: Infected Wars, Battlefield 3: Aftershock.
01-23-2011, 12:15 AM
This is an extreme rumor. It's so far a rumor and so little a fact at this juncture that making a thread for it is kind of silly. Not even the rumour mill seems certain this rumor. That's how much of a rumor it is.

Sure, Gameloft could do a decent job here. Hopefully it would be more their recent Spider-man effort and less like that Iron Man game. Somehow, I imagine this either be like that old beat-em-up X-men arcade game, or a little like those more modern Marvel Alliance games. A super hero dungeon crawler. However, I am far from convinced that it exists at all.
01-23-2011, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
This is an extreme rumor. It's so far a rumor and so little a fact at this juncture that making a thread for it is kind of silly. Not even the rumour mill seems certain this rumor. That's how much of a rumor it is.

Sure, Gameloft could do a decent job here. Hopefully it would be more their recent Spider-man effort and less like that Iron Man game. Somehow, I imagine this either be like that old beat-em-up X-men arcade game, or a little like those more modern Marvel Alliance games. A super hero dungeon crawler. However, I am far from convinced that it exists at all.
haha lol its a rumour at the rumour mill.

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, M.U.S.E, The Shadow Sun, Galaxy On Fire 3, Daredevil Dave 2, JumpKnight: Missions, Topia: Age of Creation, Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Max Payne, 2013: Infected Wars, Battlefield 3: Aftershock.
01-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post

Well, most of the stories in the rumor mine seem to come true. Remember last February when they said Gameloft would be making a NOVA 2?
01-23-2011, 03:39 PM
I loved gamelofts spiderman but hated the iron mans so if true it could be a hit or miss
01-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Hopefullyy they are right about Zombie Infection 2 too. The first one was downright dissapointing.

01-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiso View Post
But the Gameloft Spider Man game was great, I would buy this even if they made a lazy reskin of that. Iron Man 2 is another story though.