★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: FREE *Running Wild* FREE

01-23-2011, 09:40 AM
FREE *Running Wild* FREE

After disappointing sales since release on the 17th Dec we have decided to make RW FREE.

RW took a 3 man team 3 months to make but has only made $100 in revenue so far.

Have fun and please leave a review if you like it.

Regards,

Darren.
01-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Looks awesome, sad to see the developers not be rewarded.

01-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtopianGames.co.uk View Post

After disappointing sales since release on the 17th Dec we have decided to make RW FREE.

RW took a 3 man team 3 months to make but has only made $100 in revenue so far.

Have fun and please leave a review if you like it.

Regards,

Darren.

What have you done to promote the app? I never heard of it although it is really good! I understand your frustration but you're acting way too fast.
And maybe you shouldn't give up so easily.

Sadly, it shares its destiny with thousands of other apps and also: the release date dec. 17th was the most unlucky one: this is a quality game that was drowned in two dozen major releases.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
01-23-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm sorry Darren. I got this app first day and loved it, so I'm sad to see it's not doing as well as hoped. I finished it first day but I was playing for at least 5-8 hours total. I gets really fun and hard at world 3.

Hope it does well for you
-Jon Jon
01-25-2011, 03:31 AM
Top 200 free

Just woke up to find RW at #160 in games (free).

I will keep you updated on numbers but day 1 we had nearly 3000 and it didn't make the charts.

Darren.
01-25-2011, 11:52 AM
I like this game a lot, but there are some issues I'm running into. A lot of times when I die and restart a level, the interactive elements in the level aren't reloaded properly and my character will get to them as they are moving back into place. I was just playing a second ago and an orange spike ball reloaded from the previous try right on top of my character, killing me. This happens for blocks, bridges, everything.

Another problem is the sensitivity. Often I will tap an object several times before it registers. This is mostly a problem for rockets and the number blocks.

Last, it would be helpful if the view of the playscreen were zoomed out a little bit, to give a little more notice of obstacles. Maybe that could even work as an easy mode..

Besides my remarks,this is a solid game and a pretty original idea that is great for a touchscreen. Sad to see it not doing as well as you'd hoped. The app store is a mean place
01-25-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm sorry that it took so long for me to post this on iTunes, but here is my 4 star rating:

A few weeks ago I finished Running Wild with collecting all of the normal stars and the floating stars. I also got a perfect on the secret, extremely fun bonus level. First, the good point. The graphics, sounds, and concept are excellent. the game is really fun, addictive, and even humorous! I did not want to stop playing until I finished it.

Now for the bad aspects to the game that keep it from 5 stars. The touch controls do not always register correctly, which can be a bit frustrating. Sometimes level elements do not reload correctly and a spike ball even respawned on the character killing him once, however waiting a few seconds before restarting the level usually keeps this from happening. I also died once without touching anything. The levels load really slowly as well and this could be improved.

However, even with these problems I finished the game and enjoyed it greatly! If you enjoy running, platforming, and puzzle style games do not hesitate to get Running Wild!
01-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serian View Post

The touch controls do not always register correctly, which can be a bit frustrating. Sometimes level elements do not reload correctly and a spike ball even respawned on the character killing him once, however waiting a few seconds before restarting the level usually keeps this from happening
Ha, so you had exactly the same problems I had. I'll try waiting before restarting a level until theres a fix.

Oh, I forgot to add, it would be super awesome if you could rig up an endless mode for this game! Maybe unlock it when you complete all the levels?
01-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Oh, I forgot to add that the bonus level after completing everything would make an excellent game! The controls need a little work, but I would enjoy playing something like that in the future.
01-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Very cool game. Like the combination of running, platforming and puzzle genres. I do agree that the controls are sometimes not registering and that can lead to some frustration. However, overall, it's ashame that this didn't get noticed more before it was dropped to free. Good work!