★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Top 10 Word Game In Canada on launch!
"Something that blew me away was the fact that WordUs2 is one of the cleanest, well designed word apps that Ive ever played."
- World of Meh, worldofmeh.com

"This game is sure to keep you occupied for hours on end. This game is great for a road trip, plane ride, or even just as a way to fill some time."
- Rebel Gaming, irgrl.com

"WordUs2 is a fun and addicting app..."
- The iPhone Mom, theiphonemom.com

#1 New & Noteworthy Word Game in Canada in November
#1 What's Hot Word Game in Canada in December
#8 What's Hot Family Game in Canada in December
#9 Top Paid Word Game in Canada on launch

WordUs2 is a word game inspired by TV game shows such as Lingo or Motus.

The idea of the game is simple: Wordsmiths test their acumen as they attempt to guess a mystery word given only the first letter. After each guess, if a letter is in the correct spot, the square will appear orange. If the letter is in the word yet in the wrong place, the letter itself will be surrounded by a yellow circle.

WordUs2 comes with a dictionary of thousands of words and features four exciting game modes:
* "Calm & Collected",
* "Every Guess Counts",
* "Think Fast", and the
* "Six Minute Sprint".

Each mode features different twists and challenges that are sure to keep players of all ages guessing for hours on end.

WordUs2 features OpenFeint integration so you can compete with your friends for achievements and top position on the leaderboards.

WordUs2, the smash hit word game for the PalmOS updated and enhanced for the iPhone.

Check out the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmCAb5WeOxY

Binary Dawn Interactive Inc. is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 8-10,11-12, parents
Categories: Games, Reading, Spelling

Binary Dawn's comments:
Hi, we're an indie studio up in Canada. Just wanted to let you know about our game WordUs2 which has recently been updated in the App Store.

It's a casual word puzzle game based on TV game shows like Lingo and Motus. We've been nominated in the Best Word Game category for the 2010 Best App Ever Awards - http://bestappever.com/v/wogm/O/335891990 against the heavy hitters like Scrabble and Words With Friends, so we're pretty proud.

We've also had good feedback/reviews in the App Store and have been hanging out at the top of the "What's Hot" word game chart in Canada since our since launch.

Here's our gameplay video: www.youtube.com/binarydawn

It's an easy pick-up and play game, but it is also a fun mental workout. The original WordUs was actually a hit back in the day on the Palm Pilot so we've redeveloped it for the new generation of iOS wordsmiths!

Here's a link to download. Price is $1.99. We have a few promo codes to give away, so if you'd like one just send us a PM.

You can check out www.wordus2.info for more info.

We'd love to hear your feedback/reviews/reccos on the gameplay. Thanks.
01-23-2011, 11:15 PM
Nice word game, just left a review. Overall, very nicely implemented, with good graphics. It comes with 4 different game modes: Calm & Collected (no time limit/unlimited guesses), Every Guess Counts (5 guesses to get the word and keep progressing), Think Fast (time limited based on word length) and 6-minute sprint (guess as many as you can in that time). It knew most words I guessed, especially given that it didn't allow plurals/past tense kinds of words.

Some really nice features - like a hint that costs you points, the ability to choose word size (but no random option, which would be nice). Oh, on the hint - please add an "are you sure" as it does cost points and may be hit inadvertently.

A major request would be to add the ability to save a game, though. I was working on an Every Guess Counts game, had to quit and when I reopened the app, the game was lost.

If you enjoy word games, this has a nice set of game modes in the "guess the word" variety of game. Nicely done.

01-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Hey, thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. We've got some updates planned for the near future. Glad you enjoyed playing.

Also as a general FYI, I've still got a few promo codes left... PM if anyone's interested.

Last edited by Binary Dawn; 01-25-2011 at 10:20 AM.
01-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Promo Codes

Hi everyone,

We've got a new update of WordUs2 dropping soon which is gonna feature some solid improvements including multitasking and the addition of 3 & 4 letter dictionaries (which should be great for the younger kids!). In the mean time, we just wanted to pass along some promo codes so you can pick up a copy in advance.

If you use one of these, hope you can leave us a review on iTunes and feedback here in the forum.

Enjoy the weekend!

Last edited by Binary Dawn; 01-28-2011 at 11:49 AM.
01-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Looks like fun, got L3ERRPWKX9RX Thanks
01-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Sweet I love these types of games

Thanks! Will review
01-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Mucho Thanks!

Picked up 9F4NHWW9NPWH-wife and I will review very soon.
01-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Took JMXNPXH7JKRN. Thanks.
01-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Snagged 4XFAJR7TWM34! Thank You!
01-28-2011, 02:16 PM
US or UK

I guess if your US you have US dictionary?