★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

New World Colony - Tournament announcement

01-23-2011, 02:25 PM
New World Colony - Tournament announcement

Hi, I'm the developer of New World Colony (previous Touch Arcade thread here.), which is a strategy board game for iPad. I'd like to encourage the online play aspect of the game so I'm organizing an official tournament that will begin in early February.

Basically just message me privately or post your Game Center ID in this thread and I will enter you into the tournament. No entry fee or anything. I'll organize brackets and send out the details. Once your match is announced, you'll have three days to complete a best-of-three series of games on default settings with your specified opponent, and just send me the results and I'll update the brackets.

For now the victor will just get bragging rights, but if there's enough interest I'll probably throw in some iTunes gift cards for the winners. I'll announce any updates or changes here so stay tuned.

Registration ends January 31st. No limit on the number of people that enter.

If you don't have the game yet, you can download it for free from the iTunes store here. If you're new to the game, you can always practice by playing against the computer.

Hope to see you all enter!

Independent iOS developer. 82 Apps
01-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Count me in

Game center ID: methier44

01-31-2011, 09:52 AM
Just a note that this is the last day to sign up for the New World Colony online tournament. It's going to be very low key and flexible - you'll have a few days to complete an online match with your specified opponent in the given round. Just post your game center ID here or message it to me to sign up.

07-19-2011, 04:46 AM
any chance of a new tournament some time soon?
07-19-2011, 04:59 AM
Don't think enough people use this game for an tournament. I did one with Fruit Ninja with proper Halfbrick prizes but no one ended up playing or submitting their results so it sorta failed.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-19-2011, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Don't think enough people use this game for an tournament. I did one with Fruit Ninja with proper Halfbrick prizes but no one ended up playing or submitting their results so it sorta failed.
Yeah, didn't quite get enough people together for a tournament the first time around so it never happened. I can post back to the main thread and see if I can some more interest if you want.

However, I think waiting for the play-by-mail feature (coming with iOS 5 this fall) will make running and organizing a tournament MUCH easier, as users won't have to organize a time to connect simultaneously. Maybe best to wait for then?

07-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by easmussen82 View Post
Yeah, didn't quite get enough people together for a tournament the first time around so it never happened. I can post back to the main thread and see if I can some more interest if you want.

However, I think waiting for the play-by-mail feature (coming with iOS 5 this fall) will make running and organizing a tournament MUCH easier, as users won't have to organize a time to connect simultaneously. Maybe best to wait for then?
Mate i don't think there is a play by mail feature. And the new IOS will come out Aug-Sep not in the fall.

App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
07-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Mate i don't think there is a play by mail feature. And the new IOS will come out Aug-Sep not in the fall.
Sorry, should have been more clear. It's the ability to have a turn-based game where the players are not connected at the same time. Kind of like how Words With Friends works, and they're enhancing game kit to support that natively. So not exactly 'play by mail' but similar concept. Also known as asynchronous matches.

Here's a link with some good info:

http://www.gamezebo.com/news/2011/06...s-coming-ios-5

07-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by easmussen82 View Post
Sorry, should have been more clear. It's the ability to have a turn-based game where the players are not connected at the same time. Kind of like how Words With Friends works, and they're enhancing game kit to support that natively. So not exactly 'play by mail' but similar concept. Also known as asynchronous matches.

Here's a link with some good info:

http://www.gamezebo.com/news/2011/06...s-coming-ios-5
I know all the new IOS features lol