★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Buzz Words FREE right now!

01-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Buzz Words FREE right now!

Well, free as soon as Apple changes it.

Grab a free copy while you can and please leave reviews of give feedback here. xx
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/buzz-words/id413034499?mt=8

It's only free for a couple of hours.
01-23-2011, 11:44 PM
about to end the promo and change the price back, soyou have about five mins to grab a free copy.

Thanks everyone who tried it.

01-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadwench View Post
about to end the promo and change the price back, soyou have about five mins to grab a free copy.

Thanks everyone who tried it.
my device was too old to run it
01-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Sorry headcase.
I should have mentioned that.

It's really irked us that older devices can't run it. Thanks Apple, we thought we were doing a good thing using the new stuff and found out later it cut us from a huge percentage of the market
01-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadwench View Post
Sorry headcase.
I should have mentioned that.

It's really irked us that older devices can't run it. Thanks Apple, we thought we were doing a good thing using the new stuff and found out later it cut us from a huge percentage of the market
yeah, it is a bummer
it's really important in the development process to know your market and test on all kinds of devices.

on the upside, it becomes easier to hope Apple might feature your product if it is taking advantage of the newer hardware (and has things like GameCenter/RD included) and that will help it get reviewed by websites/etc as well. And in the end, so long as your product stays available, eventually the majority of the marketplace will catch up to your requirements

01-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Yeah, we thought of the apple featuring it thing, and just assumed more people would have upgraded.
I guess it's all part of learning and we are tossing up whether to make it available on all devices or if we should move on and know for next time.

We somehow had game centre as a feature we should do and then forgot to include it, which is a bit spazzy and I can't believe we did that but it's all part of learning I guess. It will go in the update.

It's been in new and noteworthy word games in Australian itunes since it was released which is kinda cool, even though I don't know how it works.

ps, thanks alot for the feature on your site
01-26-2011, 09:35 PM
N+N is a big deal and that's great Lots of devs never make it there..

as for being spazzy and fumbling some things, well that happens every time! whether it is the first thing you are releasing, or a big company with tons of titles already under your belt, there's always gonna be that X factor stuff that creeps up and catches you off-guard. There's just so many things that can gum up the works.. anyway at the end of the day it is just very satisfying to get a product out there that you know is good, and when the audience responds in some way or other (ultimately with sales, but even good reviews and knowing that you made people happy is still positive feedback ) then you know you are doing a good thing overall.

As for me, I think the iPhone is perfect for word games like this, I've had a lot of fun with a few of them and I look forward to checking out Buzz Words in the future