★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iSplume 59 pence :)

10-29-2008, 03:21 PM
iSplume 59 pence :)

I bought it.

http://appshopper.com/link/isplume
10-29-2008, 03:24 PM
I always thought it looked interesting, but the devs don't seem to concerned about it. It has no sound and they've never updated it. The desktop version has sound, so it isn't like they have a ton of work to do to add it to the iPhone version.

It looks like it's worth the $1, though. Let us know what you think about it.
10-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Worth 59p, yeah. It makes good use of the accelerometer - you tilt to swing the 'splumes' left and right, which can be fun. You have to clear a set amount of them, either by matching them in groups of three (yes, another one), or simply by dropping them off the screen when you've cleared a particular one that was holding up the entire column.

The game records your best time, and amount of splumes fired for posterity. No additional modes though (endless would have been a nice mode, or a mode similar to 'action' on bejeweled), so really your buck is going for 5-10 minutes play while you blast through the levels.

Not sure on replayability. The game mechanic is fun enough though. If you've got a buck to burn, why not? I've bought worse games for more money.