★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Vectwo
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 18.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Learn your spells and prepare for a magical battle, as your enemies are powerful in magic and at the ready to destroy you with words of power. You will personify a sorcerer dueling in real-time with other wizards in a full scale battle of magic. Strategy and dexterity are applied to conjure offensive and defensive spell in order to vanquish your opponents.

KEY ELEMENTS:
- Original game concept giving you a unique experience and feel
- Casting a spell is fun, easy, and rewarding
- 17 unique spells
- Rewards as magical artifacts to increase your spells power
- Each spell with its unique fantastic visual effect
- Engaging musics and sound effects
- Beautiful backgrounds
- 5 opponents
- 3 levels of difficulties
- 2 game modes and 1 Tutorial mode
- Statistics screens to record your achievements

Artfoundry's comments:

Graphics look good, but no idea about gameplay. Anyone tried this? And can't find any video. Seems to be on sale or price reduction - it was $2 before.
01-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post

Graphics look good, but no idea about gameplay. Anyone tried this? And can't find any video. Seems to be on sale or price reduction - it was $2 before.
I bought the game and I can tell you that it is fun. It has great graphics and original game play. The ipad and iphone version are both great. The ipad version has better details due the the increase in resolution. It could do with some additional game mode but with the price drop it is a must have. Take a look at this review and movies:

review:
http://theportablegamer.com/2010/12/...ll-fighter-hd/

movie:
http://www.google.com/search?source=...b92bb933e84f76

Last edited by passe-partout; 01-25-2011 at 09:39 PM.
01-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Interesting. It does look pretty good, though I'm not sure about the spell casting mechanics - my memory is terrible, so I don't know how well I can memorize all of those moves. And without a story mode or some incentive for the characters, I might get bored of it eventually (though the artifacts seem like they might at least provide something to shoot for). That said, it does seem intriguing, and the graphics look pretty nice. And $1 is pretty cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passe-partout View Post
I bought the game and I can tell you that it is fun. It has great graphics and original game play. The ipad and iphone version are both great. The ipad version has better details due the the increase in resolution. It could do with some additional game mode but with the price drop it is a must have. Take a look at this review and movies:

review:
http://theportablegamer.com/2010/12/...ll-fighter-hd/

movie:
http://www.google.com/search?source=...b92bb933e84f76

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
01-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
Interesting. It does look pretty good, though I'm not sure about the spell casting mechanics - my memory is terrible, so I don't know how well I can memorize all of those moves. And without a story mode or some incentive for the characters, I might get bored of it eventually (though the artifacts seem like they might at least provide something to shoot for). That said, it does seem intriguing, and the graphics look pretty nice. And $1 is pretty cheap.
I would not worry too much about your memory. The spell setup is logical: clock wise to attack and counter clock wise to defend. Each spell type is either a triangle or a square shape. Pretty simple. On top of that at: easy and medium level you can see your spell at the bottom of your screen. And at easy you have a hint of what to do to defend yourself against a spell coming your way.

Once you mastered all those you can play difficult level and the survival mode.