Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-26-2011, 03:42 PM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodTouchMan15 View Post
I really cannot believe the mods here on Toucharcade. The controls are bad? You guys are the people who recommend Enviro Bear for CHRISTS SAKE. These are INCREDIBLE controls: are you actually saying they should copy Gamelofts crappy joystik controls? Gerz. It's a lot better that the joystiks dont take up most of the screen. How can this game be criticized in any way, shape, or form? It's the best game to be released on a mobile platform, EVER. That is unquestionable. I mean this game made this platform more than just a mobile gaming device, it made it a CONSOLE gaming device. Games like this should be encouraged to everyone. You recommend Infinity Blade, a B-rated game IMO, and not a AAA title like this? Geez. I can't even CONCIEVE how you could criticize a game on this level. This is an iPhone, not a PS3, but this game makes it seem like a PS3. Please update your review, and make it so that you applaud EA for such an amazing game. Great job EA, but bad job Toucharcade. And anyone else who is questioning whether to buy this, check the app store. You may see this game in the number two top paid app... and 5 stars with excellent reviews. Listen to those reviews. I'm gonna start questioning Toucharcade reviews now... I don't really trust them anymore.
Seriously man, take a breath, go outside for some sunlight - come back to reality. All reviews are opinions, so if you don't agree that is fine, move on with your life.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Banned
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Opinions shouldn't be considered informing. I don't think you should base a review off of one opinion, but the many others. Maybe you should've just made a short article, talking about the game itself, not your opinion. Or maybe I jist don't know anything about journalism. In any case, this is the greatest iPhone game thus far, and that's not just my opinion, but the app store reviewers as well. Base your review off of the majority next time, and I think you should keep your opinions to yourself when you are talking to a large population. Thank you.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Send a message via AIM to Java

Quote:
I really cannot believe the mods here on Toucharcade. The controls are bad? You guys are the people who recommend Enviro Bear for CHRISTS SAKE. These are INCREDIBLE controls: are you actually saying they should copy Gamelofts crappy joystik controls? Gerz. It's a lot better that the joystiks dont take up most of the screen. How can this game be criticized in any way, shape, or form? It's the best game to be released on a mobile platform, EVER. That is unquestionable. I mean this game made this platform more than just a mobile gaming device, it made it a CONSOLE gaming device. Games like this should be encouraged to everyone. You recommend Infinity Blade, a B-rated game IMO, and not a AAA title like this? Geez. I can't even CONCIEVE how you could criticize a game on this level. This is an iPhone, not a PS3, but this game makes it seem like a PS3. Please update your review, and make it so that you applaud EA for such an amazing game. Great job EA, but bad job Toucharcade. And anyone else who is questioning whether to buy this, check the app store. You may see this game in the number two top paid app... and 5 stars with excellent reviews. Listen to those reviews. I'm gonna start questioning Toucharcade reviews now... I don't really trust them anymore.
The controls are not the best. For me the low sensitivity increases my frustration, and the 180 turn mechanic is quite slow. I think this is what they wanted to focus on more, rather than your idea of Virtual Stick Controls. The controls in this game are spot on, but they are not saying they want dual sticks.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Send a message via AIM to Java

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Nicholson View Post
Also, to the "this isn't a PS3" point getting flung around: we should always demand solid, platform-specific games. I'm not going to relax on a criticism because a given game is an iPhone game, just as I wouldn't if a game was a PS3 game.
Agreed.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Banned

And Enviro Bear IS to be recommended? Seriously, fix your priorites. I'm done now.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:49 PM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Opinions shouldn't be considered informing. I don't think you should base a review off of one opinion, but the many others. Maybe you should've just made a short article, talking about the game itself, not your opinion. Or maybe I jist don't know anything about journalism. In any case, this is the greatest iPhone game thus far, and that's not just my opinion, but the app store reviewers as well. Base your review off of the majority next time, and I think you should keep your opinions to yourself when you are talking to a large population. Thank you.
The articles on TA or anywhere else reviewing something ARE based on the writers opinion, how the hell do you think reviews work? Do you really think every site goes out, takes a collective poll of what people think, and then decide what to write? That makes no sense. You disagree so much, start your own blog. Or get a life, whichever comes first.

Also you're taking Enviro Bear out of context. It holds no weight in your argument, I would probably think of something else.

Last edited by Cilo; 01-26-2011 at 03:52 PM..
Old 01-26-2011, 03:52 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Whoa, I just finished it (4 hours, 29 minutes and 11 seconds). Well done EA, now I expect a MP or more content in your next update. There are 18 chapters BTW!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:53 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xemjas View Post
Does anyone know what kind of DLC content will be added to this game?
there is a menu for it, but it's empty at the moment.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilo View Post
The articles on TA or anywhere else reviewing something ARE based on the writers opinion, how the hell do you think reviews work? Do you really think every site goes out, takes a collective poll of what people think, and then decide what to write? That makes no sense. You disagree so much, start your own blog. Or get a life, whichever comes first.
Ok well then I know nothing about journalism. Lol. But I think they should say "Read the reviews to decide for yourself." Becuase some people just listen to the TA reviewers, and don't bother looking at the game. I also think that the guy who wrote the Infinity Blade article should've written this one. All he did was applaud it.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:58 PM
💪 Eli Sucks 💪

Quote:
Ok well then I know nothing about journalism. Lol. But I think they should say "Read the reviews to decide for yourself." Becuase some people just listen to the TA reviewers, and don't bother looking at the game. I also think that the guy who wrote the Infinity Blade article should've written this one. All he did was applaud it.
I think I kind of get what you're trying to say here: you want like a meta look at what all the critics are saying? I'm not sure if there's an App Store-specific site like Metacritic, but in case there isn't you should simply take a sample of every site's scores the next time you make a purchasing decision. It's not our fault that you failed to do so.

As for purely applauding a game... I don't think I've ever done that. Every game has a flaw or two, including "Mass Effect 2," which I rewarded a 10 out of 10 for back last January. Again, I think it's vital that I point out everything that it is appropriate in a review and if one of those things is a broken mechanic, then so be it.