★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad?

01-24-2011, 09:09 AM
iPad?

Well, ive been thinking about getting one lately. My brothers iPod 4g was left in some snow inside our car for 8 hours while we went skiing and got fried. I said that id trade him my laptop and iPod for his laptop (much older) and 500 bucks to get an iPad. I heard that a new one is coming out soon but is it worth it to wait? I hardly use my camera on my iPod (only used it twice when i first got it).
01-24-2011, 09:22 AM
It's really late in the iPad product cycle now and a new one will likely be released in April. If having the old model instead of waiting for the new one won't bother you... I say go for it.
01-24-2011, 09:38 AM
We really don't know how much better the new iPad will be, so I suggest you wait just until its announced (which should be really soon) and see whether it's worth waiting for. If, for example, it got a more powerful processor, I'd definitely wait. The one thing that disappoints me about my iPad is that it can't outperform the iPhone 4 in gaming.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
01-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxynidus View Post
We really don't know how much better the new iPad will be, so I suggest you wait just until its announced (which should be really soon) and see whether it's worth waiting for. If, for example, it got a more powerful processor, I'd definitely wait. The one thing that disappoints me about my iPad is that it can't outperform the iPhone 4 in gaming.
Yes there have been some fairly reliable sources saying quite a bit on details. The screen res better and it will be a lot faster, better able to handle multi-tasking. I'd say you may as well wait as it's quite late in the life cycle, as said earlier. And you'll probably kick yourself for not waiting!

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.
01-24-2011, 11:28 AM
I agree with the others. Unless you got one over/before Christmas (like myself), then I would hold off at least another month if you are going to be purchasing it. Who knows, maybe even the older iPads will drop in price and you could snag one of those for cheaper. Or at least decide to get the newest gen at the same price you were about to spend.
01-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Im in the same boat, really want an ipad but with the new one around the corner I'm gona at least wait and see. I know their just rumors at this point but people have been saying that the new ipad could have a dual core processor and double the screen resolution of the current gen.

Edit: Found some of the rumors summed up in none other than a TA: article
http://toucharcade.com/2011/01/17/ipad-2-rumors/

Last edited by SirAwesome; 01-24-2011 at 04:13 PM.