★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Taking the pain out of ad-hoc testing

01-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Taking the pain out of ad-hoc testing

Apps can now be distributed directly to beta testers devices by having them simply go to a URL in Safari. This would save beta testers tons of time and would help people who couldn't access a computer with iTunes. Sorry if this has already been posted.

More details here: http://www.paradeofrain.com/2010/11/...d-hoc-testing/
01-24-2011, 07:36 PM
I've already tried it before, and it makes everything simple compared to downloading files, dragging it onto itunes, syncing... ITS JUST TO MUCH WORK!
This way is much easier. I hope developers start doing it that way.

I review apps on my YouTube channel! If you would like me to review your app then message me! CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF GAMES I'VE BETA TESTED
01-24-2011, 08:10 PM
01-25-2011, 03:00 AM
good to know.
01-25-2011, 03:07 AM
since i can't link to the original post.. here my 2cents about testflight

i checked out the "service" as i was send an invitation form to a beta.. and i was a bit shocked how people jump onboard with a service that has not even a privacy policy yet.. you subcribe to them, give them your project, all the udids and whatever else they collect blindly.. with more good faith .. i find it odd..

also i don't like as a tester to make an account with a third party service..
not sure why people are so "hot" about this.. with beta builder all your beta tester has todo is browse to a website and press a "install game x beta" button and thats it.. no registration, no snoopy third party services and full control over your files.

my 2 cents

the most important part of distribution is already build into xcode.. xcode is building the ipa with the adhoc profiles embedded into it so 95% is already done by the developer.. so if you have webspace you don't need to sign to a 3rd party service.