★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Metro Ski Challenge 2011

01-25-2011, 04:33 AM
Metro Ski Challenge 2011

Metro Ski Challenge 2011 - Available for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad

iPhone http://bit.ly/h6FZHS
iPad http://bit.ly/ghqTwh

Ski Challenge 2011, in association with Metro Apps and Teletext Holidays, is the ultimate virtual skiing game! Control the game by tilting your iPhone or iPad to make it feel like you're actually racing down the slopes. Over the course of the season you compete in 6 faithfully recreated real-life ski runs in world famous resorts such as Val d’Isere.

The goal is to master these runs as fast as possible in offline training and get ready for the online qualification and compete with other players! Your fastest time will be competing against others around the world to be crowned King or Queen of the slopes.

Check out the Trailer Here:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Metro Apps - The New Home of the Hottest Apps and Games
www.metro.co.uk/apps
www.facebook.com/metroapps
01-25-2011, 04:37 AM
Game Impressions

This is the best ski game. The most realistic and with a lot of sense of speed! The graphics are very good

01-25-2011, 04:57 AM
very cool looking. Is there a freestyle mode, big jumps?

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
01-25-2011, 05:06 AM
Does this actually feel like skiing? From the video it was hard to tell. What I mean is, is there inertia in the game that accurately mimics the feel of skiing, or might it as well be a crate or bathtub sliding downhill? Is there slipperiness, and slidiness, and momentary loss of balance, and wipe outs? Can I do a snow plough if I want?
01-25-2011, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Does this actually feel like skiing? From the video it was hard to tell. What I mean is, is there inertia in the game that accurately mimics the feel of skiing, or might it as well be a crate or bathtub sliding downhill? Is there slipperiness, and slidiness, and momentary loss of balance, and wipe outs? Can I do a snow plough if I want?
We think this is the most realistic Skiing game ever created, each run has 3 different weather types to try, Snow, Sun, Ice and by changing your ski's you get a completely different feeling and control over the skier eg if you put grip to zero and speed to 75 good luck turn the courners !!

www.metro.co.uk/apps
01-25-2011, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Apps View Post
We think this is the most realistic Skiing game ever created, each run has 3 different weather types to try, Snow, Sun, Ice and by changing your ski's you get a completely different feeling and control over the skier eg if you put grip to zero and speed to 75 good luck turn the courners !!
So what you're saying is, I can't do a snow plough, right?

Still, I guess you've talked me into it. Back with impressions later.
01-25-2011, 06:12 AM
Game Impressions

Actually, not bad at all. The feel of skiing is largely there, though I would have liked the skier to have a bit more weight, as well as a few more frames of animation.

The good news though, is basically, the game is fast and pretty fun to play.

A couple of issues: why must I sign up for something before I'm able to play online? Creating a username/password account is one thing, but asking somebody to enter the rest of their personal information is plainly wrong and won't win you fans. I know you're running a competition in-game, but it should be up to the player whether they want to be a part of it or not.

Speaking of the competition: I paid for your game. I do not wish to see a permanent banner of your sponsor on screen during the entire gameplay experience. No matter how discreet.

Please add an option to disable horizon tilt. I've never liked this "feature" in racing games, and it is particularly jittery and annoying in this one.

EDIT: Forgot to add: with the runs being as long as they are, it's more than a little bit annoying to have to restart each time you miss just one set of flags. Couldn't there simply be an appropriate time penalty applied? Also, speaking of missing flags, the animation (or rather the lack of one) when you happen to hit a flag, is particularly cheap looking and really needs to be fixed with...well...content.

Last edited by Gabrien; 01-25-2011 at 06:24 AM.
01-25-2011, 06:24 AM
I thought this was a free app due to the advertising of teletext holidays down the side having them on the hoardings and fences is fine but why the need for the one on the screen I agree with Gabrien it needs to be removed . Also until some of the things Gabrien mentioned are addressed ie penaltys for missing flags and the lack of animations I think I will give it a miss .
01-25-2011, 08:15 AM
Thasnks for the feedback - i will pass all these comments onto the development team and see if we can address some in an update

www.metro.co.uk/apps
01-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Whoa! What kind of additional personal information do they want? What level of personally identifiable information must we give? Can you provide an example?

This may be a deal-breaker for me.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy