★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Orbles v1.15 released! (Promo Codes inside!)

01-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Orbles v1.15 released! (Promo Codes inside!)

YouTube Video Link

Orbles Version 1.15 is out! It includes bug fixes and performance enhancements!

Welcome to the charming world of Orbles, where thought and ingenuity are the keys to success. Pick up Orbles at any time and take it easy as you play at your own pace through increasingly tricky puzzles. To Reach the goal you’re going to need to use your noodle to chain together the various orbs to form winning combos.

•Pick up and play gameplay that appeals to casual gamers and serious achievement addicts alike!

•Intuitive control system that’s easy to learn.

•Innovative high score system rewarding thought, persistence and inventiveness that gives points for multiple play-throughs, adding replay value!

•Puzzles that range from simple to head scratchingly tricky!

•OpenFeint Highscores and Achievements.

•Stat tracking that follows your progress through the game.

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/orbles/id413502393?mt=8&ls=1

Last edited by BeardFace; 02-01-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Added YouTube link
01-26-2011, 05:07 AM

If you enjoy the game please leave some positive feedback, I'd really appreciate it

01-26-2011, 05:42 AM
LPYJ7979TWEP taken. thanks a lot.
01-26-2011, 06:56 AM
This is a game with a well-polished presentation and uniquely entertaining gameplay. Thankfully there is no game-clock which would just drive me mad in my old(er) age. I hardly require any mathematics in my line of work, so this serves more than just a basic math refresher, but it actually challenges my logical line of thinking more than most puzzlers out on the market. Great job!

I posted my thoughts on iTunes

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 01-26-2011 at 08:09 AM.
01-26-2011, 07:15 AM
M69L43LNFT6N taken.

Will write a review later after I've had some time to play.

~ Game Center ID: Amalah ~
~ Plus+ ID, OpenFeint ID: UnicornMoon ~
~ Playing: Tiny Wings, Chocolate Tycoon, Pocket Frogs, Sad Princess, Stylish Dash ~
01-26-2011, 08:33 AM
I've played this game and enjoyed it - it's simple and fun if you like mental arithmetic.

Developer: I have four suggestions for how you could improve it:

(1) Give us an option to turn the music off! A lot of us do this on all games we buy, but here the only solution is to mute the whole iPhone. It's a shame as the sound effects are nice, but the music gets irritating (to me) quite quickly, especially on levels I get stuck on.

(2) Better descriptions at the start? (My mum needed me to explain it to her. I had to play a level to understand it.) E.g. when it shows you how to select the orbs, it implies that you have to start with the "first orb" but actually you could start with any orb. Also the font you've used in the tutoral is hard to read - cute, but not actually very easy to read. It's not clear what "a new combo" is - does this include the actual numbers, or simply the order of pluses, minuses etc.? Also on that page of the help screen you need a comma between "puzzle" and "with"!!

(3) Show the final step of the solution before congratulating us! It's odd that all of the other numbers get linked but not the final step.

(4) I've got up to Set 5 Level 3 so far, and it's getting a bit samey. I don't know if it gets more exciting later on, but there are things you could do to inject some variation, e.g. allow the use of brackets, or include negative numbers.

I hope that some of these suggestions are useful!
01-26-2011, 10:43 AM

Thanks loads for your kind review, really appreciated! I noticed it on iTunes too, great stuff! Thanks!

Thank you for trying the game, glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for your suggestions, I'll be looking into impletmenting a better tutorial and a mute button in the menu. I guess it would be better to see the final step before the puzzle ends, I'll see if I can add that in the next update.

The puzzle format stays the same throughout the game, but as you progress more orbs get added into the puzzles, up to a maximum of 8.

Thanks lots for taking the time to have a go and for leaving your thoughts.
01-26-2011, 10:52 AM
All promo codes used .... in case anyone else was wondering.
01-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by BeardFace View Post
... I'll be looking into impletmenting ... a mute button in the menu.
Hopefully separate buttons for sounds and music! I like sounds on, music off. I know my sister is the same - I don't know who else agrees with me! And hopefully, unlike Finger Physics I won't need to turn the music off each time the game starts!

Glad my comments were helpful - good luck with the game!
01-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Game Impressions

I'm back now. Had a good long play with the game and it is very addictive.

I like the music, it's relaxing and helps to stop me throwing a tantrum on the more challenging puzzles, I can see why some people would want the option to turn it off though.

It crashes every now and then when I complete a level, but that's hardly surprising, my 2nd Gen iPod Touch is a dinosaur now and it's about time I upgraded.

The themes are beautiful, the underwater scene being my favourite. Would it be possible for us to choose which themes we wanted to use, including a random option for people who want all the themes?

It would be nice if we could create our own levels also to challenge our Game Centre friends with.

Overall, good fun.

~ Game Center ID: Amalah ~
~ Plus+ ID, OpenFeint ID: UnicornMoon ~
~ Playing: Tiny Wings, Chocolate Tycoon, Pocket Frogs, Sad Princess, Stylish Dash ~