Welcome to Rapture. A city where opportunity awaits those brave enough to grasp it. A city where the artist need not fear the censor. Where the scientist is not bound by petty morality. Where the great are not held back by the weak.
BioShock – one of the greatest games of all time – is now on the Mac App Store.
Set in an alternate 1960, BioShock places you in the middle of an underwater utopia gone badly wrong. With a provocative and intelligent storyline, this is a game that is alternately beautiful, thrilling, funny, frightening and always involving. An experience that makes you think while you play.
• Award-winning – BioShock has won numerous game of the year awards and features in Metacritic’s top 10 highest rated games of all time.
• Genre blender – Combines a clever mix of genres: First-person shooter with elements of role-playing and stealth.
• Superb visual style – An art deco world with advanced visual effects combine to create a creepy, immersive environment in which players can lose themselves.
• Sophisticated concept and story line – BioShock incorporates ideas about science and politics, raising profound questions about human nature, the role of government in society, and the morality of harming individuals for the greater good.
• Replayability – No two gamers will play BioShock the same way. Players are encouraged to explore all the nooks and crannies of Rapture.
• Exquisite sound design – Outstanding voice acting helps drive the narrative. Music from the 1940s and 1950s echoes through Rapture’s abandoned hallways.
Praise for BioShock:
5/5 MacFormat Choice Award – “It’s the intellectual underpinning of the concept that makes BioShock such a departure from run-of-the-mill shooters.” – MacFormat
4.5/5 – “…BioShock’s engrossing story and original vision combine to make a unique gaming experience as haunting as it is beautiful.” – Macworld
5/5 Editors’ Choice Award – “BioShock lives up to the hype and is one of the best first-person shooters available for the Mac.” – Mac|Life
9.25/10 – “Would you want to buy this game? Well, if you like being scared out of your wits by half-human monstrosities, chased by a drill-wielding big daddy, or just like the idea of firing insects from your arms, this is the game for you.” – InsideMacGames
5/5 – “BioShock isn’t a game I want to just play, it’s a game I want to talk about. It raises questions and themes that bear discussion, while leaving most everything open to your interpretation. Is there a right and wrong in Rapture?” – Appletell
BioShock does not support Intel GMA series graphics cards. Full system requirements are available on our BioShock mini-site at http://www.feralinteractive.com/bioshock . Ryan Industries recommends against the use of Incinerate and Winter Blast plasmids while playing BioShock, and takes no responsibility for melted or frozen keyboards.
Last edited by goiMot; 01-26-2011 at 01:11 PM.