★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

No offense to older gen devices but Dead Space should have been only for 3rd gen & up

01-26-2011, 08:43 PM
No offense to older gen devices but Dead Space should have been only for 3rd gen & up

Can you imagine what EA would have done to the graphics if they had only ported Dead Space exclusively for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 (iPod touch 3rd gen and 4th gen respectively). Dead Space as it is perfect but still....
01-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Devs will have to drop support for old devices eventually, but I think at this point, Dead Space looks pretty darn good as it is.

Even if it was designed with newer devices in mind, most of the differences wouldn't be noticable, unless you knew they were there. Probably more realistic lighting and shadows, things like that.

Having an iPad myself, I always enjoy seeing it's limits pushed, but when I step back and realize I'm playing something most consoles and pcs would have trouble doing less than a decade ago, I'm satisfied. Graphics and gameplay execution like this on something thinner than my hand.

Great time to be a gamer

01-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Dont forget iPad! They can make more sales with more devices possible, which is fine by me because that increases the odds of higher production games like this one...when they can find it economically feasible. Fair trade for what you're asking for in my book!
01-26-2011, 09:17 PM
YEP they should have
01-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Yeah well said guys. While I was playing DS on my iPhone last night, I was also thinking about Gears Of War or Resistance being ported on the iPhone. After DS, I believe the sky is the limit. Job well done to EA!!
01-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Why? Dont you want DS to be succesful? The game is already being sold for only 7 bucks <_<! Just imagine if all of the sudden you cut half the instal base of the iOs users just to make the graphics a little better (which would ramp up the development cost even more...).
I mean I LOVE that this game is on iOs (I dont have neither a PSP or DS) but i feel kind of sad for EA, will they brake even with this game in this platform? Also when i read some of the reviews that say something like: "omfgbbq!! What a waste off moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyythis should have cost 1.99!!!! lol lol lol!" my faith in the iOs gaming die a little :P
01-26-2011, 11:30 PM
When playing Dead Space I forget I'm playing on my ipod

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, M.U.S.E, The Shadow Sun, Galaxy On Fire 3, Daredevil Dave 2, JumpKnight: Missions, Topia: Age of Creation, Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Max Payne, 2013: Infected Wars, Battlefield 3: Aftershock.
01-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocameelarcade View Post
Why? Dont you want DS to be succesful? The game is already being sold for only 7 bucks <_<! Just imagine if all of the sudden you cut half the instal base of the iOs users just to make the graphics a little better (which would ramp up the development cost even more...).
I mean I LOVE that this game is on iOs (I dont have neither a PSP or DS) but i feel kind of sad for EA, will they brake even with this game in this platform? Also when i read some of the reviews that say something like: "omfgbbq!! What a waste off moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyythis should have cost 1.99!!!! lol lol lol!" my faith in the iOs gaming die a little :P
If I understood you correctly, I understand it's benefitcial for EA to include all generations but at the same time, they are compromising graphics and more content. I see what you mean about those stingy people. Com'on it's only $7. If EA is willing to put out more games like DS, $7 is not a factor to me.
01-27-2011, 12:43 AM
That's like saying that you should kill all working old people, so you benefit .1%.
01-27-2011, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocameelarcade View Post
You know, I just looked at some of the reviews and I've only seen one douchebag that wrote something of the sort. The other 1 star reviews were because the game kept crashing on them. Otherwise the game is averaged at a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, M.U.S.E, The Shadow Sun, Galaxy On Fire 3, Daredevil Dave 2, JumpKnight: Missions, Topia: Age of Creation, Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land, Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Max Payne, 2013: Infected Wars, Battlefield 3: Aftershock.