★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Pixel Fighters is a Score Oriented Strategy RPG for iOS devices with on-the-go mobile play in mind. It is intended to take influence from many classic RPG games of the past while being appropriately short for iPhone and similar to the length and style of an Arcade Fighting Game.

VS. Modes allow you to play Locally or Online through Game center with a friend or auto-match. Use your own picture as a battleground with your camera or library picture!

In Pixel Fighters Single Player, you are adventuring to save the Pixelverse. Use pixels gained to increase your power or save them for good. Your fate will be your own choice.

NOTE: For iOS 4.1 and later on any device iPod 2nd Gen or better

FEATURES
---------
- 9 Unique Combatants to choose from
- Easy to pick up and put down gameplay
- Every adventure finishes with a score. Challenge yourself to get a higher score.
- Post scores online and earn achievements with Game Center
- Play VS. a friend locally in Splitscreen or Bluetooth modes
- Play VS. a friend or random match through Game Center
- Use your Camera or Photo Library to make your own battleground!

freedog's comments:

01-27-2011, 01:21 AM
Looks fun.

01-27-2011, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
Looks fun.
I am tofft. But unfortunatly I just started back at school and this C++ class is killing me cause I refuse to do homework sober. So that comes first... then I have to do some C homework and some action scripting homework.

...... gonna have to wait till tomorrow to see what its like.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
01-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
I am tofft. But unfortunatly I just started back at school and this C++ class is killing me cause I refuse to do homework sober. So that comes first... then I have to do some C homework and some action scripting homework.

...... gonna have to wait till tomorrow to see what its like.
Maybe I have been drinking to much.... but if this game introduces wifi multi down the road I could see a big hit starting. Its fun atm, haven't done to much with it. Its got some nerdy chuckle moments. Its smoother than that video leads it on to be.

My one complaint is that selecting the menu and hitting the buttons feels like it is off. But if you hold your finger down to select its easy to see where you are pressing and selecting. I just like to tap the menu instead.

Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder

Last edited by jsrco; 01-27-2011 at 02:09 AM.
01-27-2011, 04:40 AM
Buy now and request wifi or 3g mp. This game is like crack for some reason!

Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
01-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Do we know if this dev is active in the forums? It looks like this game is SCREAMING for wifi multi.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
01-27-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm the dev, I am listening

Hey Guys,

Holy you work fast! My game went up last night and I hadn't gotten a chance to post here. Thanks for doing such a great job getting it started!

I am here, I am absolutely listening. WIFI Multiplayer noted. I've already got a 2 Player Bluetooth versus in place so it's not far from it. EDIT: SEE BELOW FOR PATCH NOTES

Jsrco, I noted your comments on the menu as well. It was between a tap/tap system and a drag/release system for selecting actions. Maybe there needs to be a hybrid between the two.

Thank you all already for your feedback, support and discussion. I hope that you enjoy this game as it is and that I can develop it further this year into something even better.

~ Kyle

LATEST PATCH NOTES

----------
VERSION 1.1
----------

- Game Center Matchmaking added! You can now connect with friends and random players through Game Center in VS mode.

- 3 New Achievements have been added.
- 1 New Leaderboard has been added. How many pixels can you keep when there’s no healer?

- Actions that involve movement have been slightly sped up

- CONTROLS have been improved as follows:
----------------------------------
1. The AP/Turn indicator now saves AP without requiring you to confirm first. The Save AP announcement has been improved to report how much AP was saved.
2. A new advanced control feature has been added - Holding a combatant quick draws their menu. Drag your finger anywhere on the screen to select an action.
3. The combatant health panels can now also be held to reveal the menu.

- COMPUTER has been improved as follows:
----------------------------------
1. The computer will make decisions faster and waste less time.
2. The computer will make fewer poor decisions
3. The computer will more aggressively pursue your weaker characters

- The amount of pixels required to get the Good Ending has been reduced by 10. It now matches the in-game achievement description.

Last edited by pixelfightersgame; 02-04-2011 at 10:16 PM.
01-27-2011, 10:44 AM
I've been playing for an hour or so, and it's been fun.

I agree with jsrco, the area to activate buttons seem to be bit off. You have to press little bit under the button.
01-27-2011, 10:58 AM
How are the graphics? Is there a lot of strategy involved?
01-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelfightersgame View Post
Hey Guys,

Holy you work fast! My game went up last night and I hadn't gotten a chance to post here. Thanks for doing such a great job getting it started!

I am here, I am absolutely listening. WIFI Multiplayer noted. I've already got a 2 Player Bluetooth versus in place so it's not far from it.

Jsrco, I noted your comments on the menu as well. It was between a tap/tap system and a drag/release system for selecting actions. Maybe there needs to be a hybrid between the two.

Thank you all already for your feedback, support and discussion. I hope that you enjoy this game as it is and that I can develop it further this year into something even better.

~ Kyle
Awesome to hear! Good luck and congratulations. So far this has been a blast to pick up and play.

@epox. Graphics are pretty retro / snes RPG styled. Much more fluid and smooth than the YouTube video. There are enough classes and abilities to make this a good strategic pick up and play title. Especially if mp gets added in with something like gamecenter matching.

Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder