★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Daro - Upcoming Platformer!

01-27-2011, 01:53 AM
#1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 9
Daro - Upcoming Platformer!

Hey there TouchArcade members!

First off we'd like to introduce ourselves.

We are NuPlay Entertainment, a Canadian-based game studio looking to branch off into the iPhone market with our first iPhone game, Daro!

Help Daro the Dragon recover all of the lost golden dragon eggs on the PC, Mac, and iPhone later this year!

Here is some early footage demonstrating Daro's the core gameplay.


Youtube link | Pop Up

Stay tuned for more updates as Daro evolves.[/B]

Last edited by NuPlayEntertainment; 01-27-2011 at 06:54 PM.
01-27-2011, 02:02 AM
#2
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Posts: 7,681

Youtube link | Pop Up


Looks pretty fun so far. Wonder what it'll be like when its finished.

01-27-2011, 02:13 AM
#3
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 9
Thank you crex!

Out of curiosity, how does one embed a YouTube video here?
01-27-2011, 06:04 PM
#4
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Posts: 7,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuPlayEntertainment View Post
Thank you crex!

Out of curiosity, how does one embed a YouTube video here?
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=13
01-27-2011, 06:58 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 9
Thanks Crex!

Original post has been updated with the new gameplay video.

Enjoy!
01-27-2011, 07:12 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 437
Ugh. Sorry, but talk about a terrible game. You basically just used the Torque platformer starter kit, how lame. If you want I could help you with some original 3D assets and/or textures. Not trying to offend you, but this needs a lot of work.
01-27-2011, 07:16 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino View Post
Ugh. Sorry, but talk about a terrible game. You basically just used the Torque platformer starter kit, how lame. If you want I could help you with some original 3D assets and/or textures. Not trying to offend you, but this needs a lot of work.
No offence taken!

All constructive critism welcome, but could you please explain how it is a "terrible game"? This is in its early stages - as of now the engine has effects, 3 world types (basic; seen in the video, ice, and fire.), and 5 more enemy types.
01-27-2011, 07:24 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuPlayEntertainment View Post
No offence taken!

All constructive critism welcome, but could you please explain how it is a "terrible game"? This is in its early stages - as of now the engine has effects, 3 world types (basic; seen in the video, ice, and fire.), and 5 more enemy types.
It's terrible in the aspect that you've basically just taken the Torque platformer engine, done little to it, and called it your game. The engine is fine, just not you doing what your doing. Again I'd love to help you make it "yours", but posting what you did is not a good idea. At least wait until you get your own assets in.
01-27-2011, 07:27 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
This game looks really fun! Can't wait for it to come out (:


Would you happen to be looking for beta testers?

Last edited by Truz97; 01-27-2011 at 07:31 PM.
01-27-2011, 07:28 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino View Post
It's terrible in the aspect that you've basically just taken the Torque platformer engine, done little to it, and called it your game. The engine is fine, just not you doing what your doing. Again I'd love to help you make it "yours", but posting what you did is not a good idea. At least wait until you get your own assets in.
Point taken!

Thank you for your input.

(P. S. Do you have a portfolio?)