Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-27-2011, 01:17 AM
iPad

Default Zombie Café - (by Capcom) - Universal App

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Old 01-27-2011, 11:17 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Looks fine and it's free ! Where is the trap ?
Old 01-27-2011, 08:41 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Anyone know how you sell decor items?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecebn View Post
Anyone know how you sell decor items?
Just drag them onto the already opened buy menu.

I made a spreadsheet with the prices and some calculations, up to level 7, which you can view over here:

[url]https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArKT_WXxa_M4dDlwLWNzVXdyS0VLdmc0T0E3ektxN EE&hl=en&authkey=CLnCo8oB[/url]

If you have to add something just tell me.

Some things that'd make this great game even better:

Overall a very nice game, but they should add a manual control to the characters. Sometimes just looking at the Zombies taking stupid paths is very annoying. A combination of Diner Dash and this game would be really nice. If they fix the CPU priorities on what to do next / what path to take and add manual control to the game it would make a good game even better. Also a nice addition would be to turn chairs and anything else in any direction. I know the limitation comes from the character and artwork design limited to two perspectives, but it'd still be nice. Some random crashes of the game could be fixed as well.

Last edited by r0cky; 01-31-2011 at 05:37 AM..
Old 02-02-2011, 07:54 PM
iPhone 3GS

Anyone know how to add friends?
Old 02-02-2011, 09:33 PM

The only catch I found with this game so far is the IAP of buying more "toxins", which is a rare but essential item.
I'm surprised how little attention this thread is getting. This has to be the most addictive, creative, and funny little management game I've ever played for iDevice. This completely wipes out all the other stuff like Sally's Spa and Supermarket Mania, because you can decorate, hire, sell, attack other cafes, cook, infect customers, sort of like a mini Sims game played in real-time (closing the app to get the large dishes cooked in real-time). Really great game so far and I'm surprised it's free. I haven't really had the urge to buy any toxins yet.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:04 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by November's Chopin View Post
The only catch I found with this game so far is the IAP of buying more "toxins", which is a rare but essential item.
I'm surprised how little attention this thread is getting. This has to be the most addictive, creative, and funny little management game I've ever played for iDevice. This completely wipes out all the other stuff like Sally's Spa and Supermarket Mania, because you can decorate, hire, sell, attack other cafes, cook, infect customers, sort of like a mini Sims game played in real-time (closing the app to get the large dishes cooked in real-time). Really great game so far and I'm surprised it's free. I haven't really had the urge to buy any toxins yet.
It needs GameCenter so we can easily connect with other users like Capcom added (later) in the Smurf game.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:40 PM

I couldn't care less about GC. I'm having fun just with single player.
Does anyone know how to rotate the tables/chairs in all four directions? The game for some reason only allows you to rotate them facing east or south?? And how can I get more stars for the cafe? It doesn't seem to increase at all no matter how many customers I serve.

Last edited by November's Chopin; 02-02-2011 at 10:47 PM..
Old 02-02-2011, 11:12 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by November's Chopin View Post
I couldn't care less about GC. I'm having fun just with single player.
Does anyone know how to rotate the tables/chairs in all four directions? The game for some reason only allows you to rotate them facing east or south?? And how can I get more stars for the cafe? It doesn't seem to increase at all no matter how many customers I serve.
I'm also enjoying the game, especially now since the game runs in real time while you're not playing. My star rating has been all over the place, from 0 to 4 and a half. Effectively serving customers increases your rating, but more people come as your star rating increases. But since I only have 6 tables my rating falls as fast as it increases. Serving higher level dishes also raises your star level faster I think.

I think what's killing my star rating the fastest is when you allow a zombie with depleted energy to continue serving. They don't seem to rest automatically when needed, and they attack a customer when their energy is low. I think your star rating automatically falls to 0 when this happens. Since i've been keeping watch on my zombie energy levels, I've been able to keep a 2 star rating consistently. I think I'll be able to retain a higher star level when I can expand floor space.

It's difficult to retain a star rating at first I think, especially since I have to rest one or two zombies (out of four) at a time and only have 6 tables.

I haven't been able to move the chairs in all four directions either, which is annoying.

I was surprised how much I like this game. If anyone has more tips, let us know!
Old 02-03-2011, 12:28 AM

I was wondering if you can check what version it says in main menu -> help -> about? It still says version 1.0.0 for me for some reason, even though I'm pretty sure I downloaded the update...