★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Lites you want

03-28-2009, 05:27 AM
Lites you want

Hi guys. The power of lite.

Great for both me and you and the developer. The developer cant loose. If he feels his game is onto a sure fire winner, he'll release it and hold off until sales level and he feels the lite version will give him a boost, then, if like Ferrari GT, the lite is released and peeps dont like it, he hasn't really lost out, an neither have those that waited (be it a long time).

But there are still a few games i'm waiting for on lite

1) feildrunners
2) zenbound
3) hero of sparta
4) lets golf

and a few others i cant remember. i'm sure they'll eventually be released though what games do you want on lite?
03-28-2009, 05:28 AM
why do you want a lite?? just get the full games.

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06

03-28-2009, 05:46 AM
you missing the point. i want the lite to help me justify and evaluate the full game. i've got zero worries about splashing out several quid on games, which i do, but i get frustrated on buying games occasionally that turn pout to be a let down and a waste of cash.
whereas if i can play a lite, i'd be much more inclined to upgrade. i downloaded 2 lites this week and immediately upgraded for instance.
03-28-2009, 05:59 AM
Well I cant think of many at the moment, lots of games now have lite versions which is great its prob the number one factor in me buying games.

But Zen Bound is definitely number one on my list of games I need a lite to decide wether to buy or not. I know its gotten great reviews but other people found it boring or what not.

Also almost any Gameloft game I would like a demo and Im happy to see them finally starting to bring some out now.

And I agree its a win esp. if the games been out awhile they aren't losing anything but even if the game is new and they feel like they have a good game bring a lite version out cant hurt either the way I see it.
03-28-2009, 06:07 AM
i know that but im saying the games you have there are all unreal games so why get a lite. they are all worth the price

03-28-2009, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh06 View Post
they are all worth the price
in your opinion of course. i find games like rolando and sway pretty useless and boring. we all like different stuff. i'm glad i waited
03-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjleworthy View Post
you missing the point. i want the lite to help me justify and evaluate the full game. i've got zero worries about splashing out several quid on games, which i do, but i get frustrated on buying games occasionally that turn pout to be a let down and a waste of cash.
whereas if i can play a lite, i'd be much more inclined to upgrade. i downloaded 2 lites this week and immediately upgraded for instance.
I know what you mean. I also always buy full version of games I like, but often disappointed. There are some games that get hyped up in the forums just because it's new despite being pretty mediocre. Or games that have great screenshots / great promise from the devs.

But out of those four on the list, I'd strongly recommend you to get Zen Bound and Fieldrunners. They're two of the bestest iPhone games, and will go down as classics a few years from now

Lites I want:
- MGS (I wanna know how bad it is)
- Real Football (whether it's exactly like the one on my DS or not)
- Eliss (whether I like the 'unique' gameplay or not)
- Rasta Monkey (are the graphics jaggy & blurry? is the control easy?)
- Oregon Trail

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
03-28-2009, 06:23 AM
There are some games that get hyped up in the forums just because it's new despite being pretty mediocre. Or games that have great screenshots / great promise from the devs.

thats true but these arent overhyped new games. field runner is one of the best on the ipod and if you like tower defense games youll like it. if you like golf or even sport games then lets golf is a must buy. if you want a good action game then hero of sparta is yours. And zenbound is a nice, yet brilliant game to play (not sure which genre to put it into)

if you like the genres youll like the games as they are some of the best in their respective genres

03-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh06 View Post
thats true but these arent overhyped new games. field runner is one of the best on the ipod and if you like tower defense games youll like it. if you like golf or even sport games then lets golf is a must buy. if you want a good action game then hero of sparta is yours. And zenbound is a nice, yet brilliant game to play (not sure which genre to put it into)

if you like the genres youll like the games as they are some of the best in their respective genres
Ummm... did you read my post??

I don't refer to Zen Bound and Fieldrunners as the overhyped new games, I refer to them as two of the bestest iPhone games that I strongly recommend to get. They both have been in my signature for a while, respectively #1 and #3.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
03-28-2009, 06:56 AM
i quoted you but i was more reffering to the author of the topic