App description: Driving a crane and operating a crane is so much fun. Improve your spatial skills and solve puzzles in this crane simulator, which is enjoyed by over 13 million people, young and old.

A realistic physics simulation gives you full control over the crane: rotate, elevate, bend, extend and grapple. Use your crane to solve a diverse set of challenges. This crane simulator lets you use mobile cranes, dump trucks, forklifts, skid loaders and even a sky crane helicopter.

The Little Crane That Could features 6 free levels and 21 premium levels (1 in-app-purchase unlocks all levels.)

NOTICE TO LEVEL DESIGNERS:
If you get a grey screen after loading a user level, please do the following: Open settings app, select iCloud tab, log off, log into iCloud again. After iOS7 the iCloud terms were changed, and you may have to accept those again.

UPDATE FROM DEVELOPER:
You can follow me @BramStolk on Twitter. Please consider providing feedback on the game, good or bad. I need to know what you are thinking. There is a button in the HELP screen that takes you to the feedback page in itunes. Also, there is a FAQ now at http://stolk.org/tlctc/faq.html

NOTICE TO PROFESSIONAL OPERATORS:
If you open the settings of your device, and go to 'Little Crane' tab, you can reverse the controls to mimic real-life cranes where pulling the lever is boom up, and pushing is boom down.

'The Little Crane That Could' is a game by Abraham Stolk, and it uses the OpenDE physics engine.

Open Dynamics Engine is:
Copyright (c) 2001-2007, Russell L. Smith.
All rights reserved.

HUD graphic design by Matthew Beckman, music by playonloop.com
10-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99c_gamer View Post
I've got an old version on my ipod. A little nervous to upgrade because of the comments about the music. Is there a way to turn the music off? I like the silence and sounds of the crane it's kind of atmospheric by itself.
I honestly didn't know there was any music, so I can only assume I turned it off the first time I played and forgot it existed.
10-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99c_gamer View Post
I've got an old version on my ipod. A little nervous to upgrade because of the comments about the music. Is there a way to turn the music off? I like the silence and sounds of the crane it's kind of atmospheric by itself.
You can turn on/off the music in the menu.
And the music only plays when in the menu anyway, not when in game.

10-18-2012, 01:13 AM
wonderfull game ! I work in this vehicule
11-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Ported!

Tell your friends on Android: they can play The Little Crane That Could too now.
It's available for free at Google Play.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.littlecrane
11-08-2012, 02:54 PM
definitely will let people know. Still hope a port comes to PC so i can play with a controller. hope some new levels come soon as well!
11-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polimerjones View Post
definitely will let people know. Still hope a port comes to PC so i can play with a controller. hope some new levels come soon as well!
How is this for a controller?
http://stolk.org/tlctc/quadrant.html

Pretty bad ass, not?
It does need a Mac though.
11-10-2012, 10:23 PM
I saw that. thats what made me want to play with a game pad. I dont think i could afford that sweet controller. Anyway, keep up the great work!
11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
I have played most of your games and they are all great. Wondering if your working on anything new? Also is there a LCTC update coming soon?
11-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polimerjones View Post
I have played most of your games and they are all great. Wondering if your working on anything new? Also is there a LCTC update coming soon?
Currently, there is nothing planned: I am waiting for a spark of inspiration.

I may draw upon some inspiration from games that I admire.
I always liked Bluebyte's settlers, and I think that the indie game BlockHeroes is absolute genius. Maybe I will make something like that. I'm also intrigued by vector CRTs like Vectrex used to have in the 1980s. I think vector art can look absolutely smashing on a retina display like iPad3/4, especially if MSAA is used. So that may end up being the art style for the next game.

Bram
12-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bram View Post
Currently, there is nothing planned: I am waiting for a spark of inspiration.
Maybe something around this:
https://plus.google.com/photos/11007...34529105462177