Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-15-2011, 07:50 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Yeah I didn't think about the processor power. My initial thought about it was just a little picture menu of all the vehicles, just before the level loads. But the shake to switch sounds like an awesome idea putting the many functions to use.

I would love to play this on an iPad. I need to start saving
Old 05-20-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane Man View Post
They should add a tow truck level. I don't care whats in the level except for a flat bed tow truck with all the working controls of a flat bed tow truck including the bed being able to slide out. If they added that kind of level it would make the game even more perfect! Thanks if you guys add that kind of level!
So the fork lift is in, and now available on the app store as v1.5
The tow truck is also a nice idea.
Sliding bed should be doable, but the actual towing is done with chains or ropes I presume? The rigid body simulator I use will probably have a hard time simulating a non rigid body like a chain or rope. I'll investigate the possibilities though, so who knows?

Bram
Old 05-21-2011, 07:37 PM

Default I agree with a tow truck

I love this game. You should make a level with a tow truck. That would be cool.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:29 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Amazing game!

Hi Bram!
I just absolutely LOVE your game! I really do. And as you can se from my name, I'm the one who's on the top of the high scores in many of the levels I just wanted to share my enthusiasm, and really encourage you to make a lot more new levels!
I really hope to see some new levels soon!
Here are some screenshots of your newest level:

Old 05-26-2011, 02:00 AM

Wow... you really managed to stack them high!
I saw your score, and wondered if a cheater hacked the leaderboard.
Good to know it is actually a genuine score!
Apple's game center is not really robust: there are some really weird negative scores on the board for some levels.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:59 AM
iPhone (Original), OS 1.x

Default Application Reviews

dat was an amazing game,,,, got to know a lot of more things,,, thanx for sharing many more features,,,,,,,
Old 05-26-2011, 12:31 PM

Default teaser shot

A screen shot of a new upcoming level, featuring a retro race car.
Here, the race car is loaded onto the fork lift truck.
Also I can report that the next update will let you chose which vehicle to use for sandbox play.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:01 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Now THAT is cool.

Sandbox is about to become a lot more fun!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:32 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Default Awesomeness + some suggestions

Hi Bram,

First of all, let me express my thankfulness about your awesome game, it's simply the perfect one for me, I wish there were levels forever...!

On the other hand, I would have some questions and suggestions:

- on the fork lift level, I have a hard time figuring out the solution simply because I'm very bad with even basic chemistry and because I don't really understand the purpose of the level. Do I have to simply put acids on one ramp and bases on the other? Unfortunately the spoiler doesn't seem to work for this level: even though I'm connected to wifi, wheb i tap the spoiler button, it seems to start to load the video, but then jumps back to the game...

- it would be awesome if man could have a way to save or pause in a slightly more sophisticated way. I realized that if my iphone goes to sleep while in the game, or if I exit using the home button to check something, I can start it from the beginning. You simply don't always have or know if you have enough time to complete a level, or you're on a bus and have to get off and forgot to turn auto-sleep off... you know... i guess

i thought i wanted to write something more but it seems i must have forgotten, anyway, i would love to read the above addressed in some ways if possible and am certainly looking forward to seeing the new levels!!

all the best!
Old 05-29-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoka View Post
Hi Bram,
- on the fork lift level, I have a hard time figuring out the solution simply because I'm very bad with even basic chemistry and because I don't really understand the purpose of the level. Do I have to simply put acids on one ramp and bases on the other? Unfortunately the spoiler doesn't seem to work for this level: even though I'm connected to wifi, wheb i tap the spoiler button, it seems to start to load the video, but then jumps back to the game...
Benoka, thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like the game.

So, yeah... the little crane that could is intended to be the opposite of casual gaming, so I thought the chemistry pop quiz would make a nice addition to the game. To help you: chemicals on the platforms which name ends with an H are bases. These need to go on one platform, the rest on another. Also I am happy to report that I finally uploaded the last two spoiler videos to my web server, so the spoilers for chemistry and clean up now work.

About your other request: It's not that easy to record simulation state. I could make the game adhere to iOS background tasking, but then I would have to solve the timekeeping as well: what if a player has a game in progress backgrounded for a day, and then finishes it. Do I have him score a time fo 24h? I think I need to come up with some code that corrects for the 'sleep time' a player used. Can be done, but I need to find some time to allocate to it.

V1.6 should be coming soon, with a new level, btw. It has already been submitted to Apple for review.

Bram