★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: I don't understand what is so great about Flight Control?

03-28-2009, 07:10 AM
I don't understand what is so great about Flight Control?

It looks alright for a game that is .99 but what makes it so good to people?
03-28-2009, 07:18 AM
Maybe it's not a game for you. That's all. I assume you're a reviewer (your signature) so you probably already know that a game can't please everyone.

By the way there's a huge topic about the game and I'm sure you'll find more answers for your question.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

03-28-2009, 07:23 AM
I don't see anything special about it either

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
03-28-2009, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spardadante View Post
It looks alright for a game that is .99 but what makes it so good to people?
Design elegance; controlling the flight path of an aircraft feels perfect. All it needs is more content.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
03-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stykman View Post
I don't see anything special about it either
Yup, same with me. When Flight Control was released I watched the video, but it didn't really make me want to buy the game. Sure, the graphics look very polished. But, correct me, I personally don't see so much replay value.
Btw, FC is #1 in the German appstore right now .

My latest purchases: Zenonia, Tornado Mania, Rolando 2, 32x32, Sky Burger...

Jailbroken 8GB iPod touch.
I do not use cracked apps!
03-28-2009, 08:20 AM
More than meets the eye.

Looking back I wonder what made me buy Flight Control; I'm usually a cautious buyer and it wasn't a game that looked appealing. However, I am so glad that I did it. The controls feel more natural than any other game. Swiping the planes to safety is just a joy. As the game progresses, more and more planes come on the screen and you find yourself panicking when the helicopters (slow) and the larger planes (fast) arrive. The difficulty constantly ramps up and makes you want to scream right up until two planes crash. If you did well and beat the high score, you are rewarded with a virtual beverage. This is where the best part of the game comes in. I find myself clicking the retry button every game and saying, "just one more time." The replay value is fantastic and I will definitely be playing this for a long time. This is one of the few games that I would recommend to anybody, not just a certain type of gamer. Buy it .
03-28-2009, 08:37 AM
dmbfan said it really. i wasnt sure myself was it good but when i bought it realised that its brilliant. so easy to play and simple to kill some time or go for a long time at it. whatever you want.

its fun and challenging to try manage all the planes at once. i hope in the future theres some kind of mission system or something added in. that would make a brilliant game, amazing

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
03-28-2009, 08:41 AM
Apparently Flight Control is number 1 in the US app store. I missed the hype so I'm not so sure I know what this game is about, but it must be good.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-28-2009, 08:50 AM
It must have passed Pocket God within the last hour. Congrats Firemint! (If you're reading this) You really gave yourself a good name for when Real Racing comes out.
03-28-2009, 08:51 AM
I agree with all the praise for this game. It's really the perfect controls that are the highlight of the package. And no other game that I've found delivers that, "just one more go" feeling more. Its in definite need of new content, but what's there plays almost flawlessly. I got this game right when it came out and still play it all the time, and it will probably always stay in my top 5 favorite games to play on the iPhone.