★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Puzzle Quest 2 $9.99 -> $4.99

01-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Puzzle Quest 2 $9.99 -> $4.99

I know I wasn't the only one waiting for this price drop.

01-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Yeah, you knew it would happen.

Frankly I am sorry I bought the game for more than $2.99.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

01-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Yeah, you knew it would happen.

Frankly I am sorry I bought the game for more than $2.99.
I am not .... But I will never buy a game y
That I cannot play immediately if not on sales ....

-----
On GC I am FPEX
01-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
I am not .... But I will never buy a game y
That I cannot play immediately if not on sales ....
That is a wise policy.

I am not upset about the price drop, but to me, with the bugs the game has it is really hard to enjoy. I certainly did not have $10 worth of fun with it, in terms of relative value compared with other iOS games. I had about $1 worth of fun with it, and hope to get some more enjoyment from it if and when it is updated in the future.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
01-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSporkWithin View Post
I know I wasn't the only one waiting for this price drop.
Nope, you weren't. I appreciate the info. After reading some of the posts in the PQ2 thread, I'm wondering if I should even get this game at all. Many of the impressions don't sound good, and I'm not sure I have reason to believe that the issues will get fixed in a timely matter.
01-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
Nope, you weren't. I appreciate the info. After reading some of the posts in the PQ2 thread, I'm wondering if I should even get this game at all. Many of the impressions don't sound good, and I'm not sure I have reason to believe that the issues will get fixed in a timely matter.
You might just pick it up on Steam and play it on your computer if you want the experience unmarred by bugs and poor implementation.

01-27-2011, 02:00 PM
So let's get this straight, the problem with the game is in the implementation and it's not just because you don't like Puzzle Quest itself?

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
01-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
So let's get this straight, the problem with the game is in the implementation and it's not just because you don't like Puzzle Quest itself?
I assume you're talking to me...the reason I gave up on it was the bugginess of it. The game itself, when it wasn't screwed up because of the bugs seemed good, but I'll admit that it didn't appeal to me as much as the first Puzzle Quest, which by the way, was not only one of my favorite iOS games, but one of my favorite games period, and that was with sub-par implementation as well. The very linear nature of Puzzle Quest 2 and the seeming lack of customization allowed to your character was kind of disappointing. I suppose the battles themselves are a bit deeper, but nothing in that regard blew me away. I will be happy to give it another go when it is updated to further improve on the loading times and kill the major bugs.

I will also add that it's supposed to be a better experience on the iPad. I wouldn't know, but I won't say it isn't worth $4.99 if you plan to play it on an iPad. For me, however, it isn't worth $4.99 in its current form if you're playing it on the iPhone. But anyone may of course feel free to disagree with me.

01-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Nice price drop, but all the bad reviews are pushing me away from the buy button.
01-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Im tempted by the game too. I trust the TA forum goers more so for their thoughts/opinions but didn't the game receive pretty good reviews across the board from the various websites ?