★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Now you can meet Astroboy, a nearly perfect robot who strove to become more human and emotive and to serve as an interface between man and machine, on iPhone and iPod Touch
Excited Challenging Stages and More Actions. Save mankind from hordes of robot enemies.

[synopsis]

20XX Year, Metropolis Festival
Dr. Ochanomizu, a minister of the Office for Science, visits circus to watch a robot circus.
And he finds Astroboy who has been sold to the circus, and rescues him from a robot circus.
From Dr. Ochanomizu, Astroboy learns how to live together with human and to control his powers.
As Astroboy goes to the school and makes new friends, he meets various people including those who treat a robot like their friend, those ho look up to a robot, those who are afraid of a robot, and those who are hostile to a robot. But through many incidents where he saves people from dangers, Astroboy starts getting closer to people, And people begin to open up their hearts to Astroboy.

************************************************************************************************
- initiate one of Astroboy's special skills, including using Rocket Boots, Laser, Arm Cannon, and Hip Machine Guns
- Astroboy learns and grows from his experiences
- more complex labyrinth designed maps
- Various hulking boss robots

goiMot's comments:

01-27-2011, 03:13 PM
looks like a pretty good platformer.......anyone TOFTT?

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ

01-27-2011, 03:42 PM
This looks a lot better than that horrendous Nintendo DS movie tie-in Astroy Boy featured in

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
01-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Was just looking for an Astro Boy game

That's funny, JUST last night I was searching the App store to see if there were any Astro Boy games. My daughter loves Astro Boy.
01-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Nice 2D graphics. Does the gameplay hold up though?
01-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Got it for my 8-year-old but had to try it out myself first . It's exponentially better than the garbage AB game based on the movie. It definitely has a mobile phone feel, but it's a pretty solid little platformer with surprising depth. Recommended for the price.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Looks like this has been pulled from the US app store for some reason. Too bad, it's a fun little platformer.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-31-2011, 05:30 PM
If this was like Astro Boy Omega Factor i'd be all over it!

But it's not, so i'm not.

Game Center: Legoshoes
Gameloft Live: Legoshoes
Mission Europa: Legoshoes
Order & Chaos: Nav, nema (US, Arcadian Forest)
02-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Anyone know why this was pulled??? I hate missing out on HQ platformers!!