★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

GumDrops - New Tetris like puzzle game

03-28-2009, 08:48 AM
GumDrops - New Tetris like puzzle game

I have just submitted my new game Gumdrops to Apple for review.

I was working with warpser from the forums on this game - he is responsible for the incredible graphics.

Youtube link | Pop Up

GumDrops is what you get if you turn the game play of Tetris on its head.

Gum drop pieces fall from the top of the screen 2 at a time, and it is up to you to guide them into groups of 4 or more to explode them off the screen.

The game includes 4 different game modes, wrapped in a beautiful candy coated graphics shell.

Fast Twenty is furious arcade action, as you race to complete 20 lines of GumDrops before the relentless procession overwhelms you.

Twisty Twenty slows the pace down, giving you plenty of time to plan your strategy for a massive high score.

The Trial challenges you to last for as long as you can against an ever increasing minimum line length. You will be blowing up lines of 10, 15 or even 20 GumDrops at a time.

Finally, Long Play mode gives you exactly what it promises - a no nonsense challenge to test your skill, stamina and endurance.

There is also a lite version, which includes the Twisty Twenty game mode - just enough to get you hooked and hungry for more.

Of course, there are also a host of features designed to make the most of the iPhone, like automatic save and resume and the ability to play all you favorite iTunes music tracks.

Last edited by shen; 12-19-2009 at 05:52 AM.
03-28-2009, 08:57 AM
nice looking game

know the price yet?

Recommended Games: JunkJack

03-28-2009, 09:46 AM
$2.99 for the full game, the lite version will be free.
03-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Hmmm...looks interesting enough. Graphics are great and the screenshots provide some taste of what the gameplay looks like. Congrats on this game devs, looks beautiful
03-29-2009, 04:54 AM
Thanks, we put a lot of work and love into the game.

Additionally, 3 of the 4 game modes are designed to finish in under 10 minutes, so it is a great game for on the go.
03-29-2009, 05:07 AM
congrats! looks great! I remember you posting the initial demo of the gameplay.
03-29-2009, 09:53 AM
I have your two other games, and this one looks amazing. upsi runner looks great, but maybe upsi looper will get a shiny makeover? I will definitely be buying this when it comes out. Also you need a new sound for popping. After watching this video, it was annoying. Maybe try a high pitched marimba sound or a bell. Thanks for the great apps.

It really looks like a shiny cross between rolando, tetris, and topple.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything

Last edited by indyraider4; 03-29-2009 at 09:56 AM.
03-29-2009, 01:50 PM
arkanigon - Yeah, here is the initial video for anyone who is interested.

Youtube link | Pop Up

You can see that warpser did an incredible job on the graphics.

indy: thanks for the feedback. We haven't had too much trouble with the sounds, although I did make the popping sound quieter, I'm not sure if that was before or after I made the video.

If it is still a problem when you are playing the game, please let me know in the thread I will start for the game when it is released.

Hopefully when you have your music playing in the background, and your concentration is focused on playing the game, it wont be as much of an issue.

Shen
03-30-2009, 12:01 AM
I have to say I'm impressed with the level of magnitude that your games improve with each outing, Shen. I'm really looking forward to playing this one. Now if we can just figure out how to get you some music (for those that are iTunes challenged like myself)

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
03-30-2009, 12:22 AM
Wow those are some great graphic improvements from the demo video to now!

I like what has been done.

Obviously this would completely change the game up, but what if the pieces fell when pieces underneath them were popped. Could create chains, and no gaps. Also if instead of only coming out in pairs, they came out in other shapes too, like tetris does.

Twitter: @Zincous