★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: WL3D update submit tomorrow - (endless levels?)

03-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
WL3D update submit tomorrow - (endless levels?)

Hey,

Just wanted to let you know that the delays are finally over, and that Wooden Labyrinth 3D's next update is going to be submitted tomorrow. First of all, here are some of the cool new features you'll be seeing:

Some new levels? How about ENDLESS levels? The levels in those screenshots are generated by Tabus' wicked algorithm. You can pick the difficulty of the generated levels, and just start playing. No need pick your packs in menus - instant time kill and challenge suited to your skill level.

And sure, the pack download will be making it's entry (finally). I had some unforeseen issues with this feature and thus it is currently scaled down to "Pack ID => download/update". Better pack management coming later.

And yep, we've got some new settings. The labels are still wrong in the screenshot, but I can tell first-hand that "tap jumping" is a lot easier than shaking. You can now also disable the 3D-tilting. I've fine-tuned the ball behavior (it's a bit easier now) and some of the sound effects. Overall, there should be quite a bit of new value!

So, we want to build in the best of the user-created packs. I know I said that we'd pick them last weekend, but this one will have to do. If you want to make sure that we try out your pack, please post your ID in this thread. If I see a great pack with small issues I'll post feedback for you to fix them (I've noticed some "too tight" spaces and goals slightly under walls while playing the packs so far). But post quick, this ship is setting sail tomorrow!

And yes, the price of WL3D will go up to $3.99 as promised after this update hits the store. We've seen some price cutting going around, but now that we have unlimited levels and a level editor, we feel our product is a pretty darn kick-ass labyrinth game. And if you are strapped for cash, I suggest you get it before the hike!

Links:

Level Editor: http://qvik.fi/leveleditor
iTunes: http://linktoapp.com/wooden+labyrinth+3d
iTunes (free version): http://linktoapp.com/wooden+labyrinth+3d+free

Wooden Labyrinth 3D - Apple Design Award winner!
Multitask Madness - test your brain, challenge your friends!
Need quality iPhone consulting or custom applications? Check out my company's website at Qvik.fi!
03-28-2009, 09:15 AM
looks amazing!! i will keep an eye outfor this one!

this is my signature people get over it...

03-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Great! Can't wait for this awesome update!
03-28-2009, 09:28 AM
That's insane! I can't wait!

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
03-28-2009, 09:32 AM
What an insane update! I hope for the best.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Awesome!!

Recommended Games: JunkJack
03-28-2009, 10:02 AM
check out my packs 109 145 and if I have some time to finish my next pack 146. There are some bad levels so maby you could take the best levels from all my packs and make a mega pack
03-28-2009, 10:52 AM
What a great update! Looking forward to this...
03-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by touch32g View Post
check out my packs 109 145 and if I have some time to finish my next pack 146. There are some bad levels so maby you could take the best levels from all my packs and make a mega pack
I tried out all your packs. There are some solid levels, but many had issues with too narrow passages. Make sure the ball can pass through everywhere. (drag the ball and see if it turns see through in the editor). As it is, I cannot include them and I don't have the time at the moment to parse a pack. Keep it up though!

Wooden Labyrinth 3D - Apple Design Award winner!
Multitask Madness - test your brain, challenge your friends!
Need quality iPhone consulting or custom applications? Check out my company's website at Qvik.fi!
03-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Damn

Don't check this site or private messages often.