★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: It is the year 2275, and earth as we know it is coming to an end. The last remaining survivors have sought out to restore the planets resources using their unique space crafts known as Elementals. The Elementals have set out into deep space to collect vital elements while avoiding the deathly fireballs of deep space in hopes to restore balance to the once fruitful planet.

Time is of the essence and it's up to you to help the Elementals in their quest to save their dying planet.

"Unique Game Mechanics" - Matt Rix - Developer of Trainyard http://www.trainyard.ca

"Its a game that frustrates the hell out of me when I get stuck, but I have found myself picking it up again quickly to just have one more go." - Mike Daley - http://71squared.com

Review from Mike Daley at 71squared.com under Readers Games

Review at Touch Arcade under New iPhone Apps

Elementals features hours of gameplay, challenging physics-based world with zero gravity all controlled via the iPhone's accelerometer. You get 30 levels in easy mode and another 30 in extreme mode that all require extreme logic, timing, skill and lots of patience to conquer. Quite possibly the hardest game on the App Store.

Features a total of 60 levels (Easy / Extreme), accelerometer, Retina Display Support, leaderboards, achievements, Facebook and Twitter Integration

Developed in my spare time (Support Indie Games!)

jalexander1787's comments:
Elementals HD

App Store Link : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/elementals-hd/id397682335?mt=8&ls=1#

Youtube link | Pop Up

What do you guys think?
01-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Looks dope.
Most tilt games like this give us a small little dot but it seems you said screw that and gave us a decently sized object to rotate and such. I dig.

I wonder how the controls work o.O

01-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Yea the controls are tilt based, and very responsive you don't have to tilt the phone to the point where you can't see the screen.
The tilting manipulates the gravity in a way, so that the player is pulled in the direction of the tilt. You can also use the shape of the playing piece along with some tilting to rotate around objects.
It's one of those easy to learn, hard to master kind of things
01-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Sounds nice indeed.
Love the art style as well.
Sorta reminds me of another very polished tilt based game. The Ole Mighty Dark Nebula.

You have an estimation on the release date btw?
01-27-2011, 11:29 PM
I might check that one out.
And the release date is today. The app store link is sitting just above the youtube video, which will open itunes. Alternatively you could just search the app store for Elementals HD. If you don't end up downloading it, thanks anyway for taking the time to reply. Always appreciated.
01-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Holy, looked straight at video title instead of the thread title.
I'll get right on this and give first impressions.

Edit -

Elementals is a tilt based game where you control a wrench shaped element in which you must navigate around suns whilst collecting atoms. I compare it to Dark Nebula myself for some reason. Your element bounces and twirls according to how you tilt and how you collide with walls. Each level in the campaign gets harder by adding suns, increasing atoms, different stage layouts etc.

Pretty nice. Nice, clean, precise menu layout that compliments the game well.
Sharp graphics overall.

Music was cool, I dig.
Sound effects were okay.

Pretty good, as promised. Really good balance, maybe a little on the sensitive side (Which is needed for this kind of game anyway)
Touch anywhere to pause.

30Campaign Missions (Multiple difficulties)
Endurance Mode (Survival)
3Star Completion Rating
GameCenter Achievements and Leaderboards

Graphics + Sound was pretty on point.
GameCenter is always nice.
Unique physics bases tilt game.

No options to change accelerometer sensitivity.
Short Campaign. (Though you unlock more difficulties)
Endurance mode not so great imo.

I think you should add sensitivity options.
More campaign missions.
Add some obstacles to Endurance mode. As far as I know you can only move while horizontal? That sort of takes away the point of the game, would rather play Tit to Live or something. Also make it more random maybe? Instead of having the suns spawn and shoot off at same spot each play. Endurance mode seems a lot less forgiving as far as touching suns go as well.

Overall just some quick impressions.. Only like 10levels in and I suck at Endurance mode, lol.
2Buy or not 2buy?
If you're really into tilt based games, Id say probably yes. GameCenter welcomes competition/replayability and the game is unique enough from the other tilts to warrant a buy.
Otherwise I'd wait on this one. Short campaign and weak Endurance mode weighs it down.

Last edited by ColdMetal; 01-28-2011 at 01:55 AM.
01-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Wow, thanks for the review so soon.
I'll be sure to take in everything you mentioned.
We've already got more levels in the works btw.
Also someone else mentioned recalibrating the accelerometer so it doesn't always have to be horizontal. That'll probably be added as well.

Thanks again
01-31-2011, 11:06 AM

15 Downloads so far from the app store within the past 4 days.............

over 150 players on Game Center.

thanks to all of the software pirates out there stealing from me. Just so you know I spent over 6 months working on this game, taking time away from my family in hopes to make our lives better by providing more income. I'm trying to make a living here. I just hope that you are all happy with yourselves... You know back in the day you used to lose your fingers for stealing.......................

Steal from Microsoft, Sony and all of the other multi billion dollar companies out there, don't steal from Indie developers trying to make a living.