★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PlayScreen, LLC
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 32.8 MB
  • Version: 2.02
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The Best Bocce Ball game is even BETTER! Play Solo or Play with Friends ANYTIME ANYWHERE. Take Turns or Play in Real-Time. And now its FREE!

Players Love Bocce Friends 3D:

***** By far the best Bocce Game in the store.
***** Sooooooo much fun. Great app.
***** It has the best interface throwing of any app I've seen. Excellent.
***** Oh my God it's so addictive, I can't keep my hands off it.
***** Great app, super fun

FLICK your way to FREE FUN in Bocce Friends 3D.

The Most Popular Bocce Game for the iPhone is here. Take on the computer or challenge friends everywhere with the perennial pastime of backyard barbecues, beach parties, and family picnics ... PlayScreen Bocce Friends 3D is simply the best Bocce game for your iPhone or iPad.

With the 'swipe' interface you loved in the most popular iPhone games, the fun is maximized with an authentic 3D simulation which allows for responsive and accurate results. Easy to play but hard to master, PlayScreen Bocce Friends 3D allows you to use multiple strategies to win the game. Go for accuracy or knock your opponent's balls out of the court, even restart a round by bouncing the little white ball out of the court. The choice is yours.

Looking for a change of scenery? Take your game around the world to six different locations including; The Beach, Central Park, Stonehenge, the White House, and even the Pyramids of Egypt. Get a call in the middle of your game? Not a problem, your game will be saved and can be picked up right where you left off. Remain competitive and challenge your friends as you try and obtain high scores to post on Facebook and Twitter directly through the app.

Polish your flicking skills and then take your game around the world with PlayScreen Bocce Friends 3D!

Stuff that matters:

# Intuitive Swipe interface, just like the most popular iPhone games.
# Solo or Multi-Player, Game Center or Pass and Play.
# Travel the world to SIX! Locations.
# Test your Bocce skills on grass OR sand.
# Cool music OR listen to your own tunes.
# Saves games in progress
# Post your wins to Facebook/Twitter.

And One More Thing ...

FREE Bocce Scoreboard Mini-App for your real world Bocce Games is included at NO COST!

GAME TIPS FROM THE PROS:

- Control your throwing distance by changing the length of your swipe.
- Move the ball to the left or right before throwing for better placement.
- Place balls so your opponent knocks them closer to the white ball.
- Knock the white ball away from your opponent's balls.

WE ARE SERIOUSLY COMMITTED TO YOUR SATISFACTION.

Please contact us with any suggestions or problems, email us at support@playscreen.com

We value you as a customer. Do not hesitate to let us know about your experiences with our games. Thank you.

PlayScreen's comments:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bocce-ball/id414782227?mt=8

FLICK your way to FREE FUN in PlayScreen BOCCE-BALL. Take on the computer or challenge friends with the perennial pastime of backyard barbecues, beach parties, and family picnics ... PlayScreen BOCCE-BALL is the Best Bocce game for your iPhone or iPod touch.

With the 'flick' interface you loved in the most popular iPhone games, the fun is maximized with an authentic simulation which allows for responsive and accurate results. Easy to play but hard to master, PlayScreen BOCCE-BALL allows you to use multiple strategies to win the game. Go for accuracy or knock your opponent's balls out of the court, even restart a round by bouncing the little white ball out of the court. The choice is yours.

Looking for a change of scenery? Take your game around the world to six different locations including; The Beach, Central Park, Stonehenge, the White House, and even the Pyramids of Egypt. Get a call in the middle of your game? Not a problem, your game will be saved and can be picked up right where you left off. Remain competitive and challenge your friends as you try and obtain high scores to post on Facebook and Twitter directly through the app.

PlayScreen BOCCE-BALL is officially approved by the American Bocce League and conforms to the rules of BocceNation.com.

01-28-2011, 03:07 AM
First User Reviews:

***** Best Bocce game out.

by wtb5275
By far the best Bocce title out there...AND it's FREE. It's also amazing that there is a contest to win money, something I've never seen before. The game play is really smooth which allows for strategy and skill to determine the outcome, not luck. A must-have.

***** Cool App

by Seantheboss
I don't usually play iPhone apps for longer than a few minutes. Still playing it and I downloaded it an hour ago. Too much fun!!!

***** Get Some!!

by Zachary Muilman
More captivating than an armor clad sea nymph galloping across the clouds of heaven on a sparkling unicorn to the tune of Kickstart My Heart by Motley Cre.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto

01-29-2011, 11:14 AM
#2 GAME IN ITALY.

Also, update is pending. We hear you!

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-29-2011, 12:33 PM
This was a pretty cool game- but I got tired of if after a while.
01-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbacks View Post
This was a pretty cool game- but I got tired of if after a while.
We've got more variations coming out. Some folks managed to score 3000.

What do you think about network play and tournaments.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-30-2011, 11:06 PM
It's the Number One APP in Italy after two days of sales there:

Also, an update that addresses the "Game Center Required" problem was submitted on the 28th. Meanwhile, if you are seeing this ... run in Airline mode. Sorry about that.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-31-2011, 04:32 AM
Looks like I'm the only italian that didn't get it yet - let's fix this
02-01-2011, 08:05 PM
It's FIXED!

1.0.2 is available in the store NOW.

Game Center is no longer required (that was a bug) and the score board is easier to read.

Thanks to everyone for your patience.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
02-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the update! I downloaded the game but immediately deleted it once it was forcing me to use Game Center. Now with the latest update I'll give it another try.
02-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrThreeCats View Post
Thanks for the update! I downloaded the game but immediately deleted it once it was forcing me to use Game Center. Now with the latest update I'll give it another try.
We appreciate that. This was a bug that we didn't see in testing. Sorry for that.

The new version also has a improved score board and generally runs better.

We are also running a $1000 contest in the app.

- Shigeru Miyamoto