★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: We are sorry to inform you that as of March 21, this application will no longer be available.
We cannot guarantee correct function of content once service is suspended, and we will no longer be able to offer support for it

Pac-Man Battle Royale for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch!!

To commence the launch of the North American arcade release of Pac-Man Battle Royale, we are offering a free iPad version as well as a free "micro-sized" iPhone/iPod touch version of the arcade game!!

Pac-Man Battle Royale is a social game for North American arcades that pits up to 4 players against each other battling in the latest Pac-Man.

Rules are simple and clear!
1. Last Pac-Man standing wins.
2. Eat a power pellet and you can do more than just eat the Ghosts, you can eat the other players and eliminate them!

Controls are simple!
Use the joystick on the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch display and you can control Pac-Man just like the original classic.

No other game is as fun for groups of friends!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Supported Devices
iPad, iPhone4, iPhone3GS, iPod touch 4th generation, iPod touch 3rd generation

Supported OS
iOS 4.0 or higher
-------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2011 NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
01-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Worth a download for free

Edit looks like it's US only

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 01-28-2011 at 04:14 PM.

01-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Picked this up last night, pretty fun multiplayer game.
01-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Very fun, single iPad multiplayer. No ghosts, just PAC-MEN racing for power pellets for the opportunity to eat each other. Last one standing wins.

There are ,of course, gameplay elements that you wish would be there, but it's free and for the price is awesome.

Hopefully there will be more content in the future, paid or otherwise. One annoying thing is that after each round you return to the main menu, with no 'play again' option.
01-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Not the same App Store developer account as the rest of the Pac-Man games, although both have the word “Namco.” Silly question maybe, but just curious: are we sure this is legitimate and not an IP clone of some kind?

Looks like an idea with some potential! Wish I had an iPad... (Soon!)

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)

Last edited by Adams Immersive; 01-29-2011 at 08:45 PM.
01-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams Immersive View Post
Not the same App Store developer account as the rest of the Pac-Man games, although both have the word “Namco.” Silly question maybe, but just curious: are we sure this is legitimate and not an IP clone of some kind?

Looks like an idea with some potential! Wish I had an iPad... (Soon!)
It's a port of the new multiplayer arcade system that Namco is releasing in arcades, so I believe it's legit. It's just a demo, though I cannot understand why they couldn't simply release a full version for the iPad for purchase (and perhaps even an iPhone one with Bluetooth multiplayer).

I unfortunately cannot download it as it seems to be US only, but from videos I've watched it more closely resembles the gameplay of the Championship Edition, sparks and all.
01-29-2011, 10:12 PM
oh wow!! and weird. this sure snuck out quietly..

but MAN do I not wanna even play that with a touchscreen..

me <-- super-fan of Pac-Man CE
01-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Will there ever be iPhone support?
Looks fun, though.

Game(s) that I'm waiting for: Super Feed Me
GameCenter ID: Parakeet12
Plus+ ID: Pwnzor144
Gameloft Live ID: Parakeet12
01-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodTouchGamer View Post
Will there ever be iPhone support?
Looks fun, though.
iPhone version would prob be too small. Played for over an hour with the kids the other night. This is a highly polished game and I would have gladly paid $1.99 for this one.
01-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchGene View Post
Very fun, single iPad multiplayer. No ghosts, just PAC-MEN racing for power pellets for the opportunity to eat each other. Last one standing wins.

There are ,of course, gameplay elements that you wish would be there, but it's free and for the price is awesome.

Hopefully there will be more content in the future, paid or otherwise. One annoying thing is that after each round you return to the main menu, with no 'play again' option.
There are ghosts. They come out after a short time and become threats if no one eats a power pellet. I won a few games last night where a ghost caught the other player.