★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Pixel Quartet is a unique blend of puzzle, musical guessing, logic and timing.
It requires concentration, understanding and patience.

Listen to musical loops and re-create the same loop, by ear, placing a series of interactive objects on an isometric board.

Following it's usual trend, Clever Hamster Games once again delivers an intellectually challenging puzzle game.
This time it's an experimental puzzle game, mixing elements of musical guessing, logic, timing and visual spacing that will push your brain to it's limits.

patrickC's comments:
Hey all,
we're happy to announce that our newest game, Pixel Quartet, has just been approved and is now live on the App Store.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Description

Pixel Quartet is a unique blend of puzzle, musical guessing, logic and timing.
It requires concentration, understanding and patience.

Listen to musical loops and re-create the same loop, by ear, placing a series of interactive objects on an isometric board.

Following it's usual trend, Clever Hamster Games once again delivers an intellectually challenging puzzle game.
This time it's an experimental puzzle game, mixing elements of musical guessing, logic, timing and visual spacing that will push your brain to it's limits.

Few promo codes:
6YE9469PMHME
J37KFEEE76RM
9LRXY4NLJYAX
PXKL67FT6HT9
EYNHTKL6E6LR

Anyone wanting to get a code is very welcome to leave a post here or contact me directly by PM.

Happy puzzle solving!
01-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Thank you for 9LRXY4NLJYAX

01-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Congratulations on the release! It was a lot of fun working with you on this .
01-28-2011, 10:01 PM
This actually looks pretty interesting!
01-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Looks very original. I can't think of another puzzler that makes such innovative use of music.

I wonder if it has a mode where you can build your own?

Edit: codes were all gone by this posting

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

Last edited by strivemind; 01-28-2011 at 11:36 PM. Reason: re:codes
01-28-2011, 10:58 PM
The lurkers have been successful. No more.
01-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Sorry couldn't post before as I'm at work, but I snagged the last code earlier. I've only had a chance to play with the tutorial and a couple levels, but I can already say this is one of the most original and clever music games (and yes, creation tool) on the app store. Thanks a bunch, dev, for bringing this to the app store!

Haven't had a chance to play with the creative mode yet but I do use my iPhone in music recordings and I know this will end up somewhere in my musics.

Get it!
01-29-2011, 04:17 AM
Happy to hear some of you are testing out the game.

Quote:
I wonder if it has a mode where you can build your own?
Yes the game does feature a "Creative" mode that allows you to compose your own tracks freely, up to 5 slots are available to save and later load these compositions.
There are 39 sample sets the player can choose from in Creative mode, with each set being composed of 12 different pitch samples.

The game has 30 puzzle levels in total gradually increasing in musical complexity, length and speed.
Each level is a unique composition, wrote specifically for the game by Taylor.
And, of course, the puzzles will require lots of thinking to be solved

We really decided to go in the "experimental" direction with this title, afterall that's the freedom of indie development, I hope some of you will be able to appreciate it

I'm distributing some promo codes through PM, so anyone curious to try the game is welcome to get in touch.
Thanks!

Lead Developer @ Clever Hamster Games
01-29-2011, 10:18 AM
spent the last 15 minutes on pixel quartet learning the ins and out. the game does require patience and an attention to detail. The graphics are easy on the eyes(especially for me as i love pixels).

tutorials do a straight forward enough job of letting you know what needs to be done and how to do it. only thing that it didnt tell me is how to hear the pitch from the menu. it works like this: when you are working on one particular track, you have to turn off the other tracks by hitting the exit point the ball comes out of. if you dont do that you wont hear any sound from the pitch menu, making the game more tedious than it needs to be (going in and out of the menu to make a selection, listen, then re-menu for a correction).

so far the game is puzzling and its no easy affair. cant wait to go further, have a better understanding so i can use the in-game techniques to compose my own music...or recreate some classic chiptunes. thanks again dev!!

edit: theres no fast app switching!!! i got a text message, checked it and came back to the game. had to re-do the whole puzzle. thats not good. i cant imagine composing a whole song only to have it wiped off my device cause im using the phone for its original functions. please include this feature in an update. other than that the dev still has my praises for being original.

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!

Last edited by nesio718; 01-29-2011 at 10:32 AM. Reason: yikes!!
01-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Another few promo codes on a first-come first-serve basis:
JPPR3FA76AHJ
FRHT7NE46N3R
9FAK9N4TPF7J
TFT4KPJH6TM4
FN3H73N7TN9M

nesio718, thanks for your feedback, switching to an sms and losing the current puzzle layout sounds like a bug, thanks for reporting, will fix soon

Lead Developer @ Clever Hamster Games