★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: FreeAppReport.com Showcased App!

A fun action game with elements of puzzle and realistic physics.

Jet Pack your hero through 40 addicting levels with this new update!

Fly your way through 40 unique levels on a jet pack, picking up fuel on your journey and reversing gravity to manipulate your character around barriers and to get to out of reach objects.

The game is an action/puzzle hybrid. Use your gaming skills and your brain to get to the end of this free adventure!

This game is fast-paced and intense! Keep your brain active and don't blink until you see the level-end scoreboard, take a breath, and slap next level for another addicting challenge.

Cruise with your jetpack upside down after hitting an anti-gravity switch, or walk along platforms upside down to get where you need before once again reversing gravity.

Quickly, play the game and save the princess before she realizes the places you are repeatedly saving her from are actually better than the place she's being returned to! So that you can earn stars from the level!

dashiell's comments:
Hi,

The game is half action and half puzzle solving. I worked hard to make sure the gameplay was as good as possible.

Objectively, I might rate the game 3.0 to 3.3/5.0.

youtube gameplay/walkthrough video

itunes.apple.com/us/app/jet-pack-eternal/id415668545?mt=8

The game is 99c on the app store.
01-29-2011, 06:24 AM

Gametrailer:

Screenshots:

Looking forward to give it some Rounds. Yet a Lite Version planned?

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-29-2011 at 06:34 AM.

01-29-2011, 06:56 AM
Game Impressions

Tried this one earlier. The movement and controls aren't precise enough to stave off frustration.

Also, no one should ever, ever, EVER make a jet pack be completely silent in a game.
01-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Feedback

Sanuku:

Yes, I am planning on releasing a lite version with 10-20 as well as some new levels & features for the full version in a free update.

Gabrien:

Sorry the jet pack currently doesn't emit sound -- I tryed quite a few different sounds for it and didn't find anything I like so far. I'll make sure to add a jet pack sound effect next release in about a week. I'll also work on the controls. I'm not sure how to add "precision" as the controls are all math; it should be precise.. I'm thinking of just making it less dependant on pressing the fuel with exact time requirements and focusing more on overall level strategy. Hopefully this should improve game play.

Thanks a lot for your comments, they are helpful!

Dashiell
01-29-2011, 05:37 PM
There is certainly some potential here. Controls need to be tightened up a little and as mentioned the jet pack needs sound. Would also prefer that the girl didn't look like a Nintendo character.
01-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks for your direction, BazookaTime!! - the next release will have Jet Pack sound & Good point about the princess -- I will swap her to something more original. She fit the look of the game less and less as development progressed & I guess it never came to mind to swap her.

Have been toying with the controls all day today since the earlier comment.

Last edited by dashiell; 01-29-2011 at 07:46 PM.
02-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Actually did address these change requests (except removing the princess) and added "JPE Free" to the store. These 20 levels are a bit improved and free on the store. Once the update is approved, the full version will get a free update to 40 levels.