★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Looking for feedback on new game. SciFly: Dogfight

10-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Send a message via AIM to jshmrsn
Looking for feedback on new game. SciFly: Dogfight

My new iPhone game, SciFly: Dogfight, is going to be released tomorrow or the day after (Halloween).

"Dominate the skies with missiles, machine guns, lasers, flak cannons and more. Explore lava oozing wastelands and Earth-like Utopias..."
www.licentiasoftware.com/scifly

I'm working hard on the first update now, and would love to get feedback on how to further polish the game.

Until it is available on the store, you can view a game play video and a YouTube review on the website:

What features do you think I should sooner than others?

Thanks very much,
Josh Rosen

P.S.
I'll post a link to the AppStore once it is available.
10-29-2008, 07:25 PM
OH please add some kind of free-play mode, where you can just wonder around and kill random things or choose not to. Id love that! Hm, and also you should add large towers, or tower-like objects that you can dock at and get special weapons, and enemy towers, which fire on you and you can dock on them and get better weapons after deactivating the guns on it

10-29-2008, 07:33 PM
can you crash into the ground or do you just bounce off of it?

also a capture the flag type mini game would be fun, with teams
10-29-2008, 07:37 PM
I agree! Also could you make some sort of deathmatch gametype where the player can face off against the other enemy ships. Maybe a Team Deathmatch also... Customization of ships would be nice. Also more ships and worlds in future updates. Do you have a price tag for us to think about? Also will it be out at midnight tonight or later tomorrow?

Game Center ID: Vaelsh
I'm playing: Small World 2, The Pinball Arcade, Terraria
I'm waiting for: Shadowrun Returns, Micromon, Oceanhorn!
10-30-2008, 03:08 AM
Hi everyone,
Thanks very much for the feedback.
I'll compile my thoughts on your ideas in a little while. I'm busy as heck write now as the game just got released.
If you guys want to check it out on the AppStore: it's at http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294794565&mt=8

Thanks again,
Josh Rosen
10-30-2008, 03:53 AM
Okay, back again.

The capture the flag idea sounds really cool. If I am able to add multiplayer later on, that will be an absolute must.

I might add mission-based game play in the future (right now it's all dogfighting). In which case, ground based targets would be super fun.

When you crash, you explode into a dust cloud

Thanks again for the input thus far.

-Josh
10-30-2008, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunawrap View Post
OH please add some kind of free-play mode, where you can just wonder around and kill random things or choose not to. Id love that! Hm, and also you should add large towers, or tower-like objects that you can dock at and get special weapons, and enemy towers, which fire on you and you can dock on them and get better weapons after deactivating the guns on it
I love this one!! If it has this feature, I'd buy this game straight away. We have Wings and StarSmasher for that actually, but it's just a nice mode to have.
10-30-2008, 04:55 AM
I haven't bought this yet- I am still on the fence. However, I have watched the videos. From what I can see, especially on the second video, it seems a bit hard to target the enemy ships. Not only that, there is no indication as to where they are in relation to you, am I right?
I think there should be either a radar showing all the ships, or better still, simply an arrow or some other indication based around your ship and pointing in the direction of the closest enemy.
10-30-2008, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunawrap View Post
OH please add some kind of free-play mode, where you can just wonder around and kill random things or choose not to.
I definitely agree. Wings is alright for just flying around in 3D space, but free-play modes without time limits or high-pressure situations are fantastic wastes of time.

I'll look into getting the game tomorrow, but it looks good from what I've seen thus far.