★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iBabalu - Conga Drum Game

03-28-2009, 02:16 PM
iBabalu - Conga Drum Game

Hello everyone, I just submitted my first game to the store and if I jumped through all the hoops correctly it should show up for sale in a week or so.

I have been creating games for over 2 decades now so working with the iPhone was a little bit of a flashback to when computers had lower resolution screen.

iBabalu is a fairly simple game where you play along to different songs or can just free form drum along to any songs on your iPod. It was just a few weekends worth of work - basically trying to make something fun while getting familiar with the iPhone environment. The iPhone is fun! Both to develop for, but also just to play other games on.

The artist on the game is Brian Hahn, who created artwork for me a long time ago for "The Incredible Machine".

Anyway here are a few screens shots. I'll try to upload a video to this thread in the next few days.

Last edited by KevinRyan; 03-28-2009 at 02:26 PM.
03-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinRyan View Post
Hello everyone, I just submitted my first game to the store and if I jumped through all the hoops correctly it should show up for sale in a week or so.

I have been creating games for over 2 decades now so working with the iPhone was a little bit of a flashback to when computers had lower resolution screen.

iBabalu is a fairly simple game where you play along to different songs or can just free form drum along to any songs on your iPod. It was just a few weekends worth of work - basically trying to make something fun while getting familiar with the iPhone environment. The iPhone is fun! Both to develop for, but also just to play other games on.

The artist on the game is Brian Hahn, who created artwork for me a long time ago for "The Incredible Machine".

Anyway here are a few screens shots. I'll try to upload a video to this thread in the next few days.

Wow...looks like a great game!
Why no one interested?

03-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Because it doesn't look like a great game.

That*'s* why no one*'s* interested!

what.
03-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyCanadian View Post
Because it doesn't look like a great game.

That*'s* why no one*'s* interested!

Canadian...
03-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
Canadian...
yes?

what.
03-29-2009, 08:37 PM
so its a rhythm game? seems rather simplistic, but somewhat interesting.
03-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinRyan View Post
I missed this part the first time I read your post... that is a great game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incredible_Machine 1992

From his bio: Former owner Dynamix. Wow some great games.. hopefully some will be for the iphone someday.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamix

Last edited by DaveMc99; 03-29-2009 at 08:46 PM.
03-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Babalu, just like in the old I love Lucy tv show! lol.
03-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post
Babalu, just like in the old I love Lucy tv show! lol.
Yep. Desi Arnaz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAV3bOJaQuY

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 03-29-2009 at 09:20 PM.
03-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
Aye! Si! He was 'effin talented!