★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Legion Classic is a game of skill and chance. It takes strategy and thought to play well, and no two games are the same. Legion Classic is played with a set of 81 Legion tiles on a board with 81 squares. The Legion Classic tiles are marked on each side with one dash, two dashes or a blank. Each tile is unique, and no two tiles have the same markings. The star in the centre of each tile is purple for tiles in play, grey for tiles already on the board.

Legion can be played well by children as young as 6, and currently has the option of either 1 player solo mode or two player challenge. The object of the game is to score as many points as possible.
01-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Game Impressions

I was able to try the game with a promo code thanks to the developer Chris so here is my review I posted in the AppStore.

Legion:
First look at the screenshots and you might think this is too complicated, but really it's easy to understand with the set of rules that are accessible in the app.*

You have a board with bonuses kind of like the Scrabble board, and also 7 tiles with markings laid out in front of you. You'll want to score the highest possible points while strategically aligning up the marks to match the tile or tiles beside it.*

Also included in the app is a link to the website so you can learn about how the original game concept came to be. I find it quite interesting to learn about the creation of the game and glad it's now available in the AppStore thanks to the developers.*

As I saw in another review I would also like the option to play against an AI or even better- multiplayer through GameCenter.

Overall, this is perfect for casual gamers. 2.99 might sound a bit pricey but from the developers comments, more is in store for this app (game center support) so you will definitely have your money's worth!*

5/5

Looking for a Beta Tester? PM me!!

Last edited by MissLashes; 01-29-2011 at 06:33 PM.
01-29-2011, 06:26 PM
hmm misslashes if you have scrabble already is it worth purchasing this app
01-29-2011, 06:30 PM
The concept is similar with the board only, everything else is pretty unique so I'd say yea it's worth it.

Looking for a Beta Tester? PM me!!
04-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLashes View Post
The concept is similar with the board only, everything else is pretty unique so I'd say yea it's worth it.
I just bought it and played it and I would agree with MissLashes, that "yea it's worth it."

Mac user since 1988
05-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Hi

I'm one of the developers of Legion. Thanks for buying the game and writing about it.

We are looking to add some features in over the summer. Top of the list is to have Game Center integration and also some level of AI so that you can play against the device.

Please let us know if there are any other features you'd like.

Lastly, are you playing on iPads or iPhones or both?

cheers
Gareth