★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Critter War TD Armor Games .99

03-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Critter War TD Armor Games .99

Critter War

Critter War
A great dynamic path tower defense game. Pick up towers from the right, and drag them onto the play field on the left. Then click the start button when you are ready to wage Critter War!

Features
- Automatic Save Game
- High Score Table
- 8 Kinds of unique Towers ( including teleport towers, electric floors, and inverted lightning rods!)
- 100+ different strategies
- Great line art
- Easy or Hard game play!

I've had this game since March 17th since it came out and have kept forgetting to post about it. By waiting I have kind of spoiled some of it's magic because with the release of Elemental Monster TD for the same price this game kind of looks crappy. Well it's really not crappy however it does not bring anything new to the table. It is the closest thing we have to the original desktop tower defense on the iphone. Armor games has quitely been making solid games some free and some cheap, this is one of the cheap ones at .99. If you are looking for thrills, probably look elsewhere, if you want to play a TD game like they used to play, this is a ver good game. I still play it in between emTD and others. This includes levels as well as endless just liek DTD. Since the 17th they have been saying a lite is coming out yet another reason I was waiting however 11 days later I don't know if that is going to happen, it could have easily been a mistype.

Anyways we don't need to turn this thread into this game is crap compared to _______. The graphixx are teh suxxor. Or anything else like that, if our comments aren't on the game let's put it in the lounge.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
03-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Looks good think I'll give it a spin. Like you said definitely looks like original Desktop Defense. Here is 1.9 I just tried it (flash version) and took screenshot.

03-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Holy crap that is almost totally identical to DTD. Well if it's as good as DTD I'll probably pick it up. Anyone played both and can give an opinion?
03-28-2009, 03:37 PM
I may pick this up just because of my obsession over TD's however I'd like to at least get through some of EMTD.
03-28-2009, 03:38 PM
looks just like desktop tower defense

looks just like desktop tower defense the free flash game (kongregate.com)

03-28-2009, 03:41 PM
It's by Armor games, so I am assuming this game is good. Just to many TD's though.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-28-2009, 03:48 PM
it plays very similar to whiteboard tower defense by armor games.

http://armorgames.com/play/2231/whit...-tower-defense

you'll notice the similar towers and some similar enemies. luckily this game does not have the annoying sounds like WTD has.

DTD will always be the original TD games as we know (yes I know there was ones before it, but this was the first game to really coin the phrase TD) it's hard to say any game is as good as it, however this gives you the closest to it, much much much much much better than SG TowerDefense. Armor games makes great flash games and they have been pushing out great games for the iphone as well, Drastic Plastic didn't thrill me, but Phit, Open Doors, and Light Bot were all very good. 2 of those three were free.

Boiler Up!
03-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't know how Desktop Defense is so popular. I've been playing TD games for about 4 years, and have never played it or heard of it.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
I don't know how Desktop Defense is so popular. I've been playing TD games for about 4 years, and have never played it or heard of it.
you should thank it everyday as that was the grandfather to all the TD games.

Boiler Up!
03-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Is probably the most popular flash tower defense games as it may have been one of the first popular (notice I said popular) that had open path set your own maze. It's probably one of the first tower defense flash games I ever played too. Always had crap graphics but gameplay was fun and replayability. Probably logged about 60 or more hours into the original Desktop Defense flash game back in the day. Before that only played Warcraft III td games.