★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rage Space

03-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Rage Space

Anyone else played Rage Space?? I bought this game a few days ago and i am hooked to it. You build up your planet by building mines, fuel depots etc and build fleets of ships and attack other players.

You can make alliances and work together aswell. Its similar in gameplay to the mafia type games but with much more to do. I highly recommend it to everyone.

You can have a lookie here

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307083958&mt=8

Last edited by scudd; 03-28-2009 at 03:13 PM.
03-28-2009, 03:14 PM
To expensive for just a mafia type game. Plus I would need wifi to play.

03-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Works fine over 3g and not bad on edge, lots more to do than your regular Mafia games.
03-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
Works fine over 3g and not bad on edge, lots more to do than your regular Mafia games.
I have an iPotch so I only get wifi.
03-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
is this more along the lines of a textual Command & Conquer? Screenshots are suggesting you buy a mine for resources, silos for the resources, build up an army to defend or attack, and possibly trade resources with other players.

It's interesting, but I'm not convinced of spending $4 to be a guinea pig if its another mafia-type game where you need to spam strangers to become allies in order to succeed.

And are there any "optional apps" to boost your progress? That is anoher off-putting thing.

Thanks
03-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
I have an iPotch so I only get wifi.
off-topic, but do you only get games onto your iPod Touch via iTunes sync?
You should consider a wireless router. I'm sure you can pick a cheapie taiwanese "brand" one real cheap that'll do the job. Just make sure you set it in "Bridge mode" so it just takes another DHCP-assigned IP from your existing setup, and also set data encryption to WPA at least.

You'll love it when you can go online from the comfort of your sofa instead of your computer!

If you already have wifi, then there's no problem - you can still play this game since you need to be online when at home or passing a hotspot during lunch.
03-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkiphone View Post
You should consider a wireless router. I'm sure you can pick a cheapie taiwanese "brand" one real cheap that'll do the job. Just make sure you set it in "Bridge mode" so it just takes another DHCP-assigned IP from your existing setup, and also set data encryption to WPA at least.

You'll love it when you can go online from the comfort of your sofa instead of your computer!

If you already have wifi, then there's no problem - you can still play this game since you need to be online when at home or passing a hotspot during lunch.
That was VERY random. You sound like a router salesmen.
03-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkiphone View Post

Yes I have wifi, but I don't want a game where I have to be at home to play. I have browser games for that. I want a game I can play in my spare time or when I'm out.
03-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcup1100 View Post
That was VERY random. You sound like a router salesmen.
Sorry, was just very curious why Seishu would say that the wifi on iPod Touch would be a detrimental factor in considering this game. Its' 5am here in HK and I've had trouble sleeping so this may not be completely coherent. Bye.
Oh, and I'm not a router salesperson. Just wanting to help a fellow TA member where possible.
04-02-2009, 03:07 PM
I would like to let everyone know that they should stop buying this application. The game was stolen from www.ogame.org

Whoever made this application is just out to steal your money and it will probably be shut down very soon.

Thanks,
Laggynate