★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Space Bikers Lite

03-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Space Bikers Lite

[App Store Link]

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Space Bikers Lite is a 3D Platform Bike Simulation game in an enlarged world!

Your Space Biker has crash landed on Earth and it’s your job to help get them back home to space! Guide your miniature character through various obstacles and puzzles to collect the parts for your damaged Spaceship.

Space Bikers uses an advanced physics engine to maneuver your bike through the detailed levels you encounter, all with a country style music tracks to ride to! Watch the story unfold - will your Space Biker make it home?

Features:
* Interesting storyline about space bikers adventures
* Detailed 3D levels - 1 Level per biker
* Special Mini-Games built-in
* Advanced rag-doll physics
* Controls can be moved in Options menu
* English, Russian, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish localization built-in

If you liked the famous Elastomania game you'll love Space Bikers! Remember to drive the bike and watch you head though!

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
03-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Cool, downloading now.

03-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Thank God there are Lite versions out there, otherwise i'd never look twice at a game like this! Downloading now!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
03-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Why are all the games with cool concepts cute? Pastel colors and cuteness. I know I shouldn't care about what people think, but if a girl comes over and sees me playing this, holding up a conversation will be impossible.
03-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Why are all the games with cool concepts cute? Pastel colors and cuteness. I know I shouldn't care about what people think, but if a girl comes over and sees me playing this, holding up a conversation will be impossible.
I know EXACTLY what you mean... the games seem like they have a great idea, then ruin it with cuteness (since we can't use the G word any more)

I'd say stick to the basics.. why throw some ridiculous veil of a theme on top just to make it marketable?

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
03-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Kamazar: You're supposed to intentionally show this off in front of girls so they'd say 'awww iPhone has such a cute game, can I try it?" and you say "yeah sure".

That's how the conversation begins

Anyway, I myself love cute looks as much as serious looks, so I love Zen Bound, Sway, HoS, MGS (look&feel, not gameplay) Fieldrunners, Space Bikers. I love Sonic, Mario, Zelda, Ninja Gaiden, Prince of Persia. It's nice to have variations to suit the mood.

It's not cool if all games look like LiveFire, io, Prey. We need some fun ones

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
03-28-2009, 09:23 PM
What's wrong with pastel colors...never ridden on a pink camel before? This is one of my favorite board games (Through the Desert)...hope it comes to iphone.

Quote:
03-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkei View Post
Kamazar: You're supposed to intentionally show this off in front of girls so they'd say 'awww iPhone has such a cute game, can I try it?" and you say "yeah sure".

That's how the conversation begins

Anyway, I myself love cute looks as much as serious looks, so I love Zen Bound, Sway, HoS, MGS (look&feel, not gameplay) Fieldrunners, Space Bikers. I love Sonic, Mario, Zelda, Ninja Gaiden, Prince of Persia. It's nice to have variations to suit the mood.

It's not cool if all games look like LiveFire, io, Prey. We need some fun ones
I know what you mean. Some you play when you feel like a a stealthy ninja, others when you wanna bash Goombas, and some when you wanna make an opponent's kart slip on a banana peel. But this game is overkill. I mean, did they have to give the riders an anime look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
What's wrong with pastel colors...never ridden on a pink camel before? This is one of my favorite board games (Through the Desert)...hope it comes to iphone.
I'm actually a bit of a hypocrite. Half my shirts are pastels. Looks better than those somber olive, brown, and navy blue polos at times. And no, never ridden a pink camel. The pink elephants in Dumbo freaked me out.

Last edited by Kamazar; 03-28-2009 at 09:42 PM.
03-28-2009, 09:47 PM
This game is awesome. Downlodad the lite, then buy the full.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
03-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Quote:
I know what you mean. Some you play when you feel like a a stealthy ninja, others when you wanna bash Goombas, and some when you wanna make an opponent's kart slip on a banana peel. But this game is overkill. I mean, did they have to give the riders an anime look?
The characters' face are anime inspired, but really, it's just general cutesy. If anything, it reminds me more of Toy Story and Stuart Little (the environment, colours, objects, etc).

A question: I'm asian, so I wonder if westerners associate anything cute with anime? (not meant to be racist, it's a real question). I myself like anime, but not the overtly cute ones. I prefer the unique ones like Vagabond (manga), TekkonKinkreet (movie), and all Ghibli movies (which despite its mainstream style always have very profound meanings, see Spirited Away and Grave of Fireflies).

or is it this: "At Pixar, when we have a problem and we can't seem to solve it, we often take a laser disc of one of Miyazaki's films and look at a scene in our screening room for a shot of inspiration and it always works! We come away amazed and inspired. Toy Story owes a huge debt of gratitude to the films of Miyazaki." (John Lasseter, Pixar chief creative).

Maybe that's where the link between anime and toy story comes from?

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.