★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: GameDesire
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 89.1 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.4 (5)
App description: Need a fresh addiction on your device?

50% of price introduction sale.

Totally addictive puzzle goodness for your device!
Challenge yourself in the Last Temple try to beat every part of the ancient scrolls and reach the excellence.
After finishing a huge campaign you will face even more puzzles if you dare!
Can you collect all golden coins?

And after all this, if you still don't have enough beware, there will be some more. Soon...

WHAT REVIEVERS SAY:

ireviewt.com -...a masterful made puzzle game with great 2D graphics and great gameplay...

Along83 -Verry addictive..i enjoy it...

deltadonn -...This game is highly addictive. Its fast paced and fun.

SirSim -Highly addictive! And very smooth gameplay!

If you like Last Temple, then please remember to rate it 5-stars in iTunes!
Your ratings and reviews keep the big updates coming!

Next update will contain: fixes, 50 new levels and many more!!

Features:
-Campaign: 72 stages
-Challenges: 72 stage
-144 Levels in total!
(retina compatible!)

-Endless replayability
-Stunning 2D graphics
-Simple and smooth gameplay (60 fps on every device)
-Epic music soundtrack
-Lots of bonus items
-Upgradable spells
-Combo system
-OpenFeint and Game Center integration
-Challenge stages will surprise you with fresh design
-Mini-game included

GameLab's comments:

Description

50% of price introduction sale.

Totally addictive puzzle goodness for your device!
Challenge yourself in the Last Temple – try to beat every part of the ancient scrolls and reach the excellence.
After finishing a huge campaign you will face even more puzzles – if you dare!
Can you collect all golden coins?

And after all this, if you still don't have enough – beware, there will be some more. Soon...

Features:
-Campaign: 72 stages
-Challenges: 72 stage
-144 Levels in total!

RETINA DISPLAY SUPPORTED!

-Endless replayability
-Stunning 2D graphics
-Simple and smooth gameplay (60 fps on every device)
-Epic music soundtrack
-Lots of bonus items
-Upgradable spells
-Combo system
-OpenFeint and Game Center integration
-Challenge stages will surprise you with fresh design
-Simple mini-game included

Trailer:
01-31-2011, 03:41 AM
Instabought! Great game and far more worth than 0.99$!
Highly polished, great sounds and animations - if you love Azkend, you just have to buy this. It's not a blatant rip-off as some of you might fear, but a game in best Azkend tradition, because it adds quite some new elements to it, like the combo system, upgradeable spells and other game elements. The setting is cool, there is a lot of content and it is addicting like Azkend itself.
Highly recommended.

Only question is - why has the iPad version 45 levels more?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-31-2011 at 03:50 AM.

01-31-2011, 05:08 AM
Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Instabought! Great game and far more worth than 0.99$!
Highly polished, great sounds and animations - if you love Azkend, you just have to buy this. It's not a blatant rip-off as some of you might fear, but a game in best Azkend tradition, because it adds quite some new elements to it, like the combo system, upgradeable spells and other game elements. The setting is cool, there is a lot of content and it is addicting like Azkend itself.
Highly recommended.

Only question is - why has the iPad version 45 levels more?
I think because the iPAD has bigger screen. So more BIG level can be created.

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog
01-31-2011, 05:53 AM
Game Impressions

Tried the lite version and I'm not convinced. The game is certainly pretty, but after a handful of levels I began to wonder why I was playing. Couple of levels later I turned it off and loaded up Azkend just to make sure I hadn't suddenly developed some kind of aversion - nope, Azkend is still as much fun as ever. Possibly because I'm given clear goals and satisfying rewards and sense of progression.

A couple of particular issues: there MUST be sound effects when making a match! The lack of them in this game makes the whole process feel flat and unsatisfying.

No excuse for not allowing to flip screen orientation.

I don't know, I'll leave the lite on my device for a bit and maybe come back for another go or two, perhaps it may grow on me. Most of all though for now, this game just made me wish Azkend would get a retina upgrade.

Last edited by Gabrien; 01-31-2011 at 05:56 AM.
01-31-2011, 06:07 AM
You should out the challenge levels - there are some in the Lite too - this levels are great fun!
Last Temple has much more fun ideas than Azkend imho - I must say that I was pretty bored after playing through Azkend - the levels are very similar etc... Last Temple on the other hand has much more variation in there.

To keep it short - I think, booth games are great! And while there is no new Azkend this game is a fun and actually great alternative!

rogerchiu -> as far as I know they are adding new levels to the iPhone version - we are beta testing a lot of new levels right now so I think that the iPad & iPhone version will have (in a few days) have the same number of levels (or maybe the iphone version will get more? need to ask the dev's)

Playing:
many games
Waiting for:
-
01-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Tried the lite version and I'm not convinced. The game is certainly pretty, but after a handful of levels I began to wonder why I was playing. Couple of levels later I turned it off and loaded up Azkend just to make sure I hadn't suddenly developed some kind of aversion - nope, Azkend is still as much fun as ever. Possibly because I'm given clear goals and satisfying rewards and sense of progression.

A couple of particular issues: there MUST be sound effects when making a match! The lack of them in this game makes the whole process feel flat and unsatisfying.

No excuse for not allowing to flip screen orientation.

I don't know, I'll leave the lite on my device for a bit and maybe come back for another go or two, perhaps it may grow on me. Most of all though for now, this game just made me wish Azkend would get a retina upgrade.
It's funny, playing this game made me wish that Azkend got the retina update as well. This game is ok but way too much like Azkend. If the devs picked a different theme ( Atlantis, Egyptian, etc) it may have felt like a different game but because of the Aztec theme I couldn't help comparing it to Azkend which I found to be far more superior. I played through about 30 levels in one sitting and just felt bored. The powerups were not that exciting either. The presentation is top notch. Graphics are amazing, the sounds really crisp and overall the game is really polished but it's missing the elements that would make this game truly captivating.
The core gameplay is also so similar to Azkend that I was disappointed that Game Lab couldn't come up with something a bit more original.
Overall, its not a bad game but it doesn't make me want to play it as much as Azkend did.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
01-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Got it, like it, especially for the 99 cents price. Not sure if I would be as enthralled at full price. To me though it reminds me of Dungeon Raid and how much I like that game - minus the challenge.

Couple things:

- Can you not unlock a higher level than easy to start the game? I could not open a game on medium. If I have to beat easy to get to medium and then that to get to hard it will be old very fast. If you can open a new level please tell me so I can start over!

- There has to be a better way to catch the gems at the end of a level. It's annoying to be tap tap tapping like made and miss half of them anyway.

@Gabrien - there are sound effects in the full version anyway when making the match and a different effect when they clear. Maybe it is an omission in only the lite? I mean they aren't LOUD sound effects and they aren't spectacular ones, but there are some sound effects present.

Overall a good pick up for 99 cents and anyone that enjoys the line matching type of game will enjoy this. (oh yeah and the flip screen bit needs to be fixed)

(oh and dev - make a distinction in your thread titles! Even if they are in different forums I almost carelessly bought the wrong version. Even if I would own up to my mistake, some other people might not!)
01-31-2011, 10:31 AM
picked up the game and so far i like it, although it is WAY too easy as the above poster said, i also would like to select a higher difficulty right away.
01-31-2011, 12:13 PM
As we are heavily working on an huge update and we would like to ask you for your thoughts and ideas about this!
What do you like and what do you dislike :-)

We read every post and we try to include as many good ideas from you as only possible!

So you guys are a very important part of our development process!

bR

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamphetamine View Post
picked up the game and so far i like it, although it is WAY too easy as the above poster said, i also would like to select a higher difficulty right away.
Check out the Challenges

-
01-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameLab View Post
As we are heavily working on an huge update and we would like to ask you for your thoughts and ideas about this!
What do you like and what do you dislike :-)

We read every post and we try to include as many good ideas from you as only possible!

So you guys are a very important part of our development process!

bR

Check out the Challenges
I think it is a pretty solid match 3 but have one BIG issue. I'd really like to see individual highscore tracking for each level. If not possible in the Campaign, I would hope the Challenge levels.

Oh, is that GC stat the best score of all Campaign levels or just the cumulative score of all Campaign games played even if the first level 100x?

I understand GC would never let you track 90 levels individually, but how hard would that be to do at least locally? For the Challenges I would think you show the current system but IF one of the Challenges is completed, display the highest score earned on that Challenge level by this profile (so each Challenge would display in the level select as locked, unlocked, or the best completed score).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews