Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-31-2011, 10:22 AM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow..those reviews weren't shilled after all..
After spending the last hour or so at school, I'm going to go as far as saying that this is indeed the best KRPG I've played on the iOS.

The premise of the game is a bit odd as the introduction rolls, but it feels quite fresh, as you're not just saving the world to avenge your father who was killed by some demon..or the such like most KRPG storylines..

Even without retina, the art is definitely top notch. Like really, notch.

The combat is pretty similar so far to most KRPGs, but feels a lot better paced than most of them. The speed is perfect, and like the poster said above, there definitely will be strategy involved in killing some enemies without dying.

Crafting!!! Nuff' said.

The skill tree is great. There's a huge variety, and they're not freaking useless ones either. You can choose three paths at the beginning: one specializes in attacking, one in defending, and another in speed. Sadly, they're all 'warrior' classes, which is probably the only disappointing part of the game,

There's a pet system! That's definitely something fresh and pretty neat. Not sure how the sound is since I'm at school.

But yeah, definitely positive first hour impressions. OH. The translation is flawless. I know that might be hard to believe from the game info, but the translation is truly excellent. Definitely one of the best dollars spent, and it's honestly surprising how cheap this is priced at.

Although iAP are unnecessary, I wish they hadn't included them at all and just charged 4.99 for the game instead, but meh, beggars can't be choosers.

For an RPG lover like me who's experienced best and the worst of iOS RPGs, I can only say that there's a new competitor in town. Cheers.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:24 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
There's a pet system! That's definitely something fresh and pretty neat. Not sure how the sound is since I'm at school.

Careful! Don't get caught!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuvidexus View Post
Careful! Don't get caught!
Second semester senior in high school, straight A student in all AP classes, already admitted to Cornell University, yeah no teachers gonna bother me xD.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:38 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

My early impressions...
Better than Zenonia 2 and Inotia 3 so far. Unlike those two games, I actually want to click submit on this post and go back to playing right away. I feel more compelled to play because it was fun, than because I want to get my money's worth to try and get to the meat of the game. For a buck, this game is pretty good. Better than a lot of other $0.99 games. It does support multi-tasking and easy resuming.

I can see where the Monster Hunter comparisons are coming from. The harvest points, monster carving, and crafting system have a lot of similarities to the Monster Hunter series. So if you really liked those aspects of the game, then you would like that in this 2D RPG. The crafting system definitely feels more robust than other KRPGs. You don't feel like it was an extra layer tossed in late in development. I think the similarities to Monster Hunter end there though.

Some negatives...
I am not a fan of the control scheme. Navigating the menus with the virtual d-pad and buttons feels weird on a device without a keypad but instead a touchscreen. There are still a few remnant Korean text, cellphone keypad references, and odd translation. But all-in-all it's a step above most others, and oddities don't appear that much from what I've seen.
It is not Retina-enabled. It does have IAP, as others have mentioned, and I don't know personally how far one can go without it. But I assume they are not needed. Then again, I only paid a dollar for the game so far.

iPad impressions...
About the same as any other KRPG in 2x mode, though not blurry like the Inotia 3 "iPad" version. Looks more like Zenonia 2 does in 2x. The text is pixelated but legible. Easier to read than something like The Quest. If you can read the text in other KRPGs in 2x then you will be fine. Similar to text in a DOS or commandline prompt. Personally, I find the graphic style to be better than Zenonia 2. The character portraits in dialogues look pretty good though. The controls will take some getting use to or could be uncomfortable with the size of the iPad and the lack of control placement customization.

Last edited by Jongjungbu; 01-31-2011 at 10:43 AM..
Old 01-31-2011, 11:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

This game is superb.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
This game is superb.
Agreed!

I do wish the controls could be adjusted though. The reason I enjoyed zenonia was that I could move the attack button out of the bottom corner so my thumb is bent at a harsh angle while playing
Old 01-31-2011, 11:46 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Dang, I've been checking Top Role Playing Paid Software ranking all day, and from nowhere-to-be-seen on Top 200, it's now #20.

If it gets into Top 10 on the category I might consider getting it
Old 01-31-2011, 11:50 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuvidexus View Post
Dang, I've been checking Top Role Playing Paid Software ranking all day, and from nowhere-to-be-seen on Top 200, it's now #20.

If it gets into Top 10 on the category I might consider getting it
It's 0.99..
Old 01-31-2011, 11:56 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Now, what did I tell you guys. ^_^
Old 01-31-2011, 11:59 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Agreed!

I do wish the controls could be adjusted though. The reason I enjoyed zenonia was that I could move the attack button out of the bottom corner so my thumb is bent at a harsh angle while playing
Yah, that was one of my complaints. The D-pad is just too small and the skill buttons are placed too close together.