★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Should Monster Hunter Freedom Come to the iPhone/iTouch?

03-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Should Monster Hunter Freedom Come to the iPhone/iTouch?

Do you guy think MHF should come to the iPhone? It looks like a great rpg--I was about to get a PSP after MHF2 came out--and I would love to play it with touchscreen/accelerometer. It had like 400+ hours of gameplay (300 missions) with thousands of weapons and armor, and most importantly, it had 4 player wifi. I think it would be a great port with huge success if they did it for the iPhone; graphic-wise it looks like it could be ported.

Heres more info on the game (I doubt anyone knows about it):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Freedom_2
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=65706

Last edited by SoCal_Sponger; 06-05-2009 at 10:04 PM.
03-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Would be nice, but I'm not sure if the iDevice can handle the control system without actual buttons you can get a grip on and not have to look at.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

03-28-2009, 07:06 PM
That is one serious hardcore title. Best hunting sim ever.

You can't squeeze that action into a smaller screen than the psp imho. At times even the psp screen feels cramp.

I played MHF2 for a while, the later levels require coop play although it's not impossible if you have the skills to bring down a monster yourself. Monster Hunter is not an rpg in the conventional sense, it's an action adventure title. Your equipment gets upgraded when you can get the materials for it from hunting but your character never levels up iirc. The game is totally dependent on player skills alone.

The hundreds of hours of gameplay come about because to get/upgrade to some uber equipment, you sometimes have to be willing to kill some monster over and over again just to get the parts you need.

I think the i-touch/iphone lacks the controls and battery life to handle this. The battles aren't short sometimes.

Last edited by Ravenblack; 03-28-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: added thoughts
03-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Send a message via MSN to 8bitgeorge
As a HUGE Monster Hunter fan, I'd really like for it to be ported to the iPod touch/iPhone, however it would be a tremendous work for a port and I don't see it happening.

By the way, it's only fun when you play locally with 3 other people.
06-05-2009, 09:48 AM
you know, have you ever seen the graphics of Seven Swords Prologue? If it would be like that, it'd be AWESOME.
06-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Not unless they add in a much needed lock-on feature.
Lack of that pretty much crippled the game for me, personally.
06-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronical View Post
you know, have you ever seen the graphics of Seven Swords Prologue? If it would be like that, it'd be AWESOME.
You call that awesome?

06-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I love this game ----have both 1 and 2. This is one game that needs responsive buttons and dpad ---so as much as I would love this game on the ipotch --- I dont think it would control very well. The game requires too mch presicion.

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left
06-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Please, please, MH!!!
06-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parranoya View Post
I love this game ----have both 1 and 2. This is one game that needs responsive buttons and dpad ---so as much as I would love this game on the ipotch --- I dont think it would control very well. The game requires too mch presicion.
I'm going to have to agree with parranoya. I can't see myself playing this game on a touch only based system. Can't wait for MH Unite... 6/23! Hopefully Ad Hoc Party is incorporated into the game.