Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-08-2011, 08:09 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezak View Post
Hey Vovin, I know crashes are frustrating, but in order to fix them, devs will need more information, like device, iOS version, class makeup, where and how it happened, etc...
I haven't had a crash since patch so I'm seriously getting into arenas now :P
Nice so it sounds like the patch addressed the issues. I'm going to have to give it a try now. Have had other games keeping me busy so I haven't been too concerned with starting Battleheart especially after hearing about the crash reports.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:58 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

After the update, not even one crash.
I did power reset though, just to make sure that I did whatever I could.
The game is one of the best games of all time, that is for sure.
Off course we can demand a lot of changes, if MikaMobile address any of them, it would be amazing, but to be honest, if they decide not to, the game will remains fantastic.
I understand that some were on the fence about buying the game due to crash issues. Now that is no reason to.
Nothing in your day costs less than the game, not even the toilet paper, so stop being cheapy and spend some money.
Tons of fun!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 AM

I might have missed this, but with the bard.... what does his attack do? i know it doesnt do damage but what kind of buff does it do? Thanks.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:06 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

ACK!!!!

Ok so it still continues to crash on "Time-Lost Canyon"

My Monk died so it was just my Knight, Bard and Cleric left, I think it has something to do with the Cleric using "Group Heal" as a character is being attacked by a Red Slime.

iPod touch 2nd gen. iOS 4.2.1
Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItouchBrett View Post
I might have missed this, but with the bard.... what does his attack do? i know it doesnt do damage but what kind of buff does it do? Thanks.
Bards attack value gets added to both target's attack and defense. Later, a skill lets the Bard add 50% more to either attack or defense rating. Its thus a VERY powerful buff . . . assuming your bard can stand still to give it. Bard does not provide any direct crowd control himself, so you have to structure your party and skills appropriately. While that is also true of the cleric, the cleric does have a personal shield, a shield that can be cast on others, and an AOE knockback. Of course, the bard has a powerful party-wide regenerative heal that can be cast, and which works while the bard runs, if he needs too. The cleric doesnt have that. Trade-offs! The bard is clearly better for boss farming, but beyond that, I think both are good.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:12 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMobile View Post
...I dug through my device logs and finally found something useful, and there's nothing all that random about it... I'm patching up the offending special attacks to properly handle a loss of target right now.
As a non-programmer I am impressed by the developer's ability to identify and repair elusive crash bugs. In the world I imagine coding to be I think these would be difficult to patch up. It's a good product and nice to see the developers backing it as closely as this.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:14 AM

so ur saying the bards attack dmg gets added to whoever ur buffing?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
so ur saying the bards attack dmg gets added to whoever ur buffing?
If bard has 30 attack rating, buff target's attack value (call it x) becomes x+30 and his defense value (call it y) becomes y+30 -- subject to the skill that lets you increase either the attack or defense buff by 50%. So if you chose defense, it would be attack = x+30 and defense = x+45. Very powerful.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:57 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

This is a rare gem of a game. I hope Mika Mobile keep working with these party mechanics, and use them in other games (such as a free-roaming party-based RPG with an extensive world and backstory).

A few questions on the mechanics:
  • Every level grants one in attack and one in defense, right?
  • The health of the characters, is that explicitly expressed somewhere? Does it differ between classes? Or IS the health the defense? (I first assumed defense is soak/armor, since it increases with better equipment, but perhaps they are using a different health paradigm.)
  • The only differences between different characters of the same class are their name, backstory, and level, right? I noticed that with the same equipment, a level 5 Baelrosh and a level 5 Garrick has the same attack and defense values.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:37 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:

Same here. I heard he was good, tried a level with him and all I noticed is that he had a special healing power, but don't have a clue of his normal attack is (buff, heal or what? Didn't seem like he was healing without the special power).