Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-17-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
^ That's not a bug. Considering Mika Mobile has clarified that it does that, I think we can assume that it's working as intended.
Yeah, that's how it's supposed to work. Closer they are, the harder they fall.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:54 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

As far as I am aware, I've not read any confirmation of this.

Horror
"fear consumes all enemies - the severity of the effect increases with proximity to you"

The tool tip wording is either unclear of its full effect kills enemies or misintepreted suggesting horror damages opponents in relation to proximity.

After much testing using wynter and lucille in doomvale arena 2man upto 116level - mobs don't become damaged or injured in relation to proximity but are horrified or feared more severely. There is no proximity damage, only fear increased duration.

Mobs also drop randomly and not completely the result of close proximity. Many times could horror with no deaths running through group of 3-4 melee or wynter is overlapping an ooze but the mob facing her dies. Doesn't matter if mobs are level 1 or 116 or 170 either - they just drop dead.

If this is not a bug then it leads me to conclusion the ability may have a small chance the enemy will instantly die from something like heart failure. This is a huge deal - making horror the single best ability in the game, by a long shot. Especially for arenas and it's rather strange to not hear any strats built around this information if it was "known".

Last edited by fillie; 03-17-2011 at 10:04 PM..
Old 03-17-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillie View Post
As far as I am aware, I've not read any confirmation of this.

Horror
"fear consumes all enemies - the severity of the effect increases with proximity to you"

The tool tip wording is either unclear of its full effect kills enemies or misintepreted suggesting horror damages opponents in relation to proximity.

After much testing using wynter and lucille in doomvale arena 2man upto 116level - mobs don't become damaged or injured in relation to proximity but are horrified or feared more severely. There is no proximity damage, only fear increased duration.

Mobs also drop randomly and not completely the result of close proximity. Many times could horror with no deaths running through group of 3-4 melee or wynter is overlapping an ooze but the mob facing her dies. Doesn't matter if mobs are level 1 or 116 or 170 either - they just drop dead.

If this is not a bug then it leads me to conclusion the ability may have a small chance the enemy will instantly die from something like heart failure. This is a huge deal - making horror the single best ability in the game, by a long shot. Especially for arenas and it's rather strange to not hear any strats built around this information if it was "known".
Mika implied that there's a chance of insta-death if a baddie is close enough to you.

As for strats built around it...it's a bit too random (and low %) to be something to rely on. However, if you're quick enough, yes--it's worth moving Wynter closer to a group of mobs before firing off Horror.

Regardless, it's close to a must-have in arenas anyway...since those stupid archers are overpowered like helllllllaaaa....
Old 03-17-2011, 11:20 PM

Default update suggestion

I haven't read through that many (maybe last 40ish only?) pages but I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody else make any suggestions like this yet:

we already know that after each completed level, characters are awarded xp based on how good/bad they perform with the top 3 getting +25%, +16% and +8% respectively (if the wiki is correct)

my suggestion is, why not take this a step further and add a "level complete" screen thats optional to view (via clicking a button upon level completion), that gives more in depth stats like damage dealt, life healed, specials used, etc. for each character

if you wanted to even take it a step further, I'm sure theres tons of other "stats" that could be implemented, like adding a 6th page on the outofbattle page that shows you each character's stats like kills #, deaths #, #1-3 mvp#s, etc. and could perhaps reward characters with #1mvp streaks for instance, with a free item upgrade or something

Anyways, my first time posting, so thanks Mika staff for an excellent game!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt32 View Post
I haven't read through that many (maybe last 40ish only?) pages but I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody else make any suggestions like this yet:

we already know that after each completed level, characters are awarded xp based on how good/bad they perform with the top 3 getting +25%, +16% and +8% respectively (if the wiki is correct)

my suggestion is, why not take this a step further and add a "level complete" screen thats optional to view (via clicking a button upon level completion), that gives more in depth stats like damage dealt, life healed, specials used, etc. for each character

if you wanted to even take it a step further, I'm sure theres tons of other "stats" that could be implemented, like adding a 6th page on the outofbattle page that shows you each character's stats like kills #, deaths #, #1-3 mvp#s, etc. and could perhaps reward characters with #1mvp streaks for instance, with a free item upgrade or something

Anyways, my first time posting, so thanks Mika staff for an excellent game!

Welcome to TA! And that's a great first post

I also am a big fan of seeing the stats. I'm not sure Mika is, though. Maybe there's a stats page somewhere in the menu or something that's tucked away out of sight, but still accessible for the more 'hardcore' Battleheart players
Old 03-18-2011, 06:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowej View Post
Great game, though the controls can be a little clunky at times.

Like has been mentioned, it can be a little difficult to see a character and their health underneath the abilities icons in battle. Making them semi-transparent would be nice, I think.

I've attached an image and while it doesn't look as great (Figure 1), it is a lot easier to see (Figure 2) how much health your character has. The image below's current abilities's icons are at 45% opacity, but I messed around with it after uploading the image, and found that 55% works fine and looks better.

I also found that selecting a character is difficult when there's multiple characters standing next to each other. I had an idea that could maybe fix this.

At the bottom of the screen, there's an arrow pointing left-in, which when pressed, will slide over (and rotate to face right-in), revealing a portrait of each character (Figure 3).

I figured if you were to tap on the character, then tap where you'd like them to go, it would interfere with the current game mechanics. So instead, you could have it so when a character's portrait is pressed, they'll light up and you can drag your finger to wherever you'd like them to go on the screen, and rather than follow your trail, they'll walk from where they are to where your finger is.

That's an awesome idea! I also have trouble selecting characters sometimes, especially when I'm using my cleric with the splash-heal talent turned on because I tend to keep my group clumped near each other.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:05 PM

mika wheres the ranger!!! its been so lonnng im dying here
Old 03-18-2011, 09:50 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Just had to pop in and say that I just picked this up out of boredom of all the other apps I had at the time (still waiting for the damn Shadow Era update...) and my god... Why in the f*ck hadn't I picked this up sooner?!?!? This game is simply amazing!!! Well done MikaMobile. Well f*cking done!!!!
Old 03-19-2011, 11:39 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

It is beautifully done I just want a content update!
Old 03-19-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGod View Post
It is beautifully done I just want a content update!
Didn't Mikamobile just go through surgery or something? Maybe he is recovering.