Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-18-2012, 01:27 AM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by take View Post
any chance for an update that includes iCloud saves?? i've got a complete game with most of my toons above 40, and it'd be great to carry them over onto my shiny new iPad. should i just hold out for the 'sequel'??
You shouldn't need iCloud for that. You can back up your old device and then sync to your new device, and you get all of the save files. Or you can manually transfer the save file for a particular game from one device to another.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:45 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

restoring from a backup isn't an option for me as i've already set up my device. also, battleheart doesn't support file transfer through iTunes, or if it does it doesn't show up in my list like mage gauntlet or junk jack do, for example.

historically the only way i've been able to do any file transfer outside of iTunes is by being jailbroken and swapping files via ssh. is there a way to do this now without the need to be jailbroken??
Old 03-18-2012, 12:29 PM
iPad

Quote:
historically the only way i've been able to do any file transfer outside of iTunes is by being jailbroken and swapping files via ssh. is there a way to do this now without the need to be jailbroken??
Try iExplorer. I haven't tested it with Battleheart specifically, but it works for most games.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:52 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

iFunBox works very well if you want to transfer stuff.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:46 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by justln View Post
iFunBox works very well if you want to transfer stuff.
But I believe you need to be jailbroken to use it.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:50 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Forgive me if this has been posted already, but this sounds like great news for Battleheart fans:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Mobile Blogspot
We've been working on a new game for a while - it began life in early 2010 as a sci-fi themed game, back before we started Battleheart, and was shelved after a couple months of pre-production. Now it's back, and it's changed quite a bit since then - while initially we thought we'd keep with the spaceships and laser guns (some folks might recall me tweeting about a space game earlier this year), as we got into it, we found ourselves just wanting to do more fantasy stuff. I love swords and magic and monsters, and the game is going to share a lot in common with Battleheart anyway, so why not just call it another entry in the series? A "spiritual successor" perhaps?

So that's what we've been going with for the last few weeks, and making big progress. It's still a long ways from release, so don't get too excited yet - the original Battleheart took almost a year to develop, and this game is likely to be bigger in every way. That said, we're getting better at this stuff all the time, so hopefully it will see release before we're old and grey.

Why have I hesitated to just call it "Battleheart 2" though? Well, it's going to share a lot of gameplay ideas with Battleheart, but a lot is changing too. I don't want to go into intense detail yet, but I can share some of our objectives. Battleheart was (as the name implies) all about combat - tricking out your party with a collection of powers and equipment that complement each other, using powers at the right time on the right bad guy... that's the core of the game, and we're keeping and building on that. But it lacked in two major areas - it had basically no plot, and no exploration. Our goal with this new game is to maintain the feel of Battleheart's combat, but take it from a simple series of arenas and put it in a more fully formed world to romp around. It's a little ambitious, but I feel like we're well on our way.

Source
Old 03-18-2012, 08:01 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinoeggs777 View Post
But I believe you need to be jailbroken to use it.
No, it's just an iOS device explorer, and unlike iPhone Explorer, doesn't time out ever 3rd input.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:11 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
No, it's just an iOS device explorer, and unlike iPhone Explorer, doesn't time out ever 3rd input.
Really?
Alright then, it must have been updated. I remember it not being able to gain full root access without a jailbreak.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:13 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Heh... Try this out for fun times. I've tested this/done this many of times, so I know at least a few class combinations that will work (it's just a matter of "skill").

You CANNOT:
Buy anything from the merchant.
Do unnecessary levels (that means no arenas, no levels that you don't have to do in order to get to the final boss, and no replaying previously beaten levels).
Equip EXP-boosting items.
*Equip any weapons or armor you get through your travels. That means you MUST use ONLY the gear you have from the very start of the game.

You CAN:
*Equip trinkets (no EXP-boosting trinkets, though.)
Use any class combination you desire. I like the warrior, cleric, rogue, and mage.

* = Super Hard Mode (if you don't do it)

Oh yeah, and if you REALLY want to keep things interesting: You have 3 "lives." This is an honesty thing. If you die/retreat 3 times, you must delete your file and start over. If a character dies mid-fight and you still come out victorious, that's not a "death;" however, that character will be short X amount of EXP and will be gimped the rest of the game.

Few things: You should be ~lvl 20 by the time you get to the last boss. Most of the times I do this, two are lvl 20 and two are lvl 19. The two that are lvl 19 are really gimped on their skills, so try and get all your guys to even out their exp gains on the last few levels!

I want to see how far you guys get, your character combinations/suggestions to make this "hard-mode" even more interesting! I can't think of any other way

Whatever your next game is, Mika, I'm going to download it
Old 03-18-2012, 08:37 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
forgive me if this has been covered, search isn't so great.

any chance for an update that includes iCloud saves?? i've got a complete game with most of my toons above 40, and it'd be great to carry them over onto my shiny new iPad. should i just hold out for the 'sequel'??
And any chance for a Retina iPad update?