★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: What's HOT in Australia, Germany and Singapore!
"Its 'Peggle meets air hockey' gameplay is incredibly fun and addictive" - SlideToPlay

UNLEASH YOUR PUCK TO BEAT THE CLOCK
Pull, aim, release and unleash your Puck and watch it wreak havoc around each destructible but trap-laden levels to collect as many orbs as you can before the time runs out.

CONQUER THE GAME IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE
Play the game in Normal Mode where you need to collect all the orbs in a level to get 3 stars. Then test your skills in Time Attack Mode where you are only given 10 seconds to start off with in each level. Finally, play the game in Sudden Death Mode, where there is no time limit as long as you don't miss an orb in every shot, and put your aim and precision to the test.

BREAKOUT AND PINBALL REDEFINED
Get ready to be addicted as Puckerz! combines the fast-paced tension of breakout games with the physics-based, addictive fun of pinball games, visualized with sleek eye candy graphics, DJ'ed with a pop techno soundtrack, and wrapped in a pick-up-and-play package. Brick-breaking will never be the same again.

FEATURES
Easy to Pick Up and Play Experience
Fast-Paced Addictive Gameplay
30 Action-Packed Levels in 3 Playable Modes
7 Cool Pucks to choose from
Sleek, Techno Eye Candy Graphics in Full Retina Display
Upbeat and Engaging Soundtrack
Game Center and OpenFeint Achievements and Leaderboards

WHAT GAMERS SAY ABOUT PUCKERZ!:
"Puckerz! is a fast-paced gem of a game that's unlike anything else on the iPhone." - (4.5/5 stars) Gamezebo

"Puckerz! is a great pick-up-and-play experience that has that same 'just one more turn' draw as Peggle." - (3/4) SlideToPlay

"Great polished graphics, and one of the best soundtracks in an iPhone game definitely makes it something well worth getting." - (4/5 stars) TouchGen

"Puckerz! is an extremely addictive and very amusing game." - (4/5 stars) Touch Reviews

"Its easy-to-play nature gives it an addictive quality. You'll want to keep playing and playing. This is a fun, casual game that everyone can enjoy." - (4/5 stars) 148Apps

"Meld uber-polished visuals and sterling sound design with a beautifully simple concept to incredibly compelling effect. Puckerz! is an absolutely effortless recommendation." - (4/5 stars) iFanzine

"All I can say is that it's a great Pucking experience! Get This Game Now! Highly Recommended." - (4.5/5 stars) Nine Over Ten 9/10

"One of the greatest updates in the history of updates!" - (5/5 stars) An Honest iTunes Citizen

GGi_Allan's comments:
Puckerz! Remastered in Massive Update 1.1 Unleashed in the App Store

Youtube link | Pop Up

02-01-2011, 03:33 AM
Pucker! Now Available on the App Store

Groundbreaking Games today released their first iOS game Puckerz!, an arcade action game for iPhone and iPod touch devices where players take control of a Puck and launch it around a destructible environment to collect as many orbs as they can before the time runs out.

Check out Puckerz! on the App Store

Launch Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

In the game, players can choose from 7 different Pucks and are given at least 2 minutes to bounce around a level to collect orbs. Players need to collect at least 75% of the orbs in any given level to advance to the next. In addition to that, by planning their shots well, players can get time bonuses from 5 up to 25 seconds.

But it's not as easy as it sounds because every level has been barricaded by layers of destroyable bricks that players need to plow through in order for them to complete the goal. To ramp up the challenge even further, Puckerz! add into the mix a couple of impenetrable blocks and a slew of carefully laid traps that once it catches a Puck, players will incur a 10-second time penalty.

The game offers 30 levels in its first release, accompanied by 4 powerups that will keep the experience fresh. With its sleek interface style, rich level design, fast physics-based gameplay and engaging soundtrack, Puckerz! hopes to be a unique mobile game experience for casual and hardcore gamers alike.

"Puckerz!'s intuitive controls makes it very approachable. Anyone can pick it up, play and enjoy. Yet it offers a depth that makes it replayable and very much suitable for leaderboards. Players who like getting stars will end up playing a level over and over again," says Anthony Garcia, designer of Puckerz!.

Puckerz! is now available on the App Store for $0.99, featuring:
- easy to pick up and play experience,
- sleek, techno eye candy graphics,
- 30 fun and challenging levels,
- 7 cool pucks to choose from,
- an engaging soundtrack,
- 29 unique achievements, and
- leaderboards integrated via Game Center and OpenFeint.

Play Puckerz!
Official Website

Puckerz! on Facebook
Groundbreaking Games on Facebook
Groundbreaking Games on Twitter

Interested to see more videos of Puckerz!. Here they are:

Trailer Part 1

Youtube link | Pop Up

Trailer Part 2

Youtube link | Pop Up

About Groundbreaking Games, Inc.
Based in Manila, Philippines, Groundbreaking Games, Inc. is an independent game development studio founded in 2010. The formation of the company is the realization of the founders' lifelong dream to make addictive games they would love to play. Seeking to make the company name speak for itself, the company focuses on creating highly polished titles and fresh game experiences for players casual and hardcore alike, and Puckerz! is the first venture towards that goal. Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Groundbreaking Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod touch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Last edited by GGi_Allan; 05-03-2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Merged with old release.

02-01-2011, 04:28 AM
Quick thoughts, will post a better review & rate later:

- I was put off by the name and the kinda childish "pucking" jokes in the trailer
- Gameplay looked immediately appealing from shots + video so I bought it right away
- I'd like a universal release but it looks okay on the iPad
- Clear inspiration from established games/genres but stands on its own with unique gameplay
- Polished presentation, love the music
- Peggle + Breakout = Puckerz
- Congrats on a great first release!

Last edited by coolpowers; 02-01-2011 at 04:30 AM.
02-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Between all the polish, the fantastic music and the fun old school gameplay, Puckerz! is an awesome little pucking app.

I think coolpowers' "Peggle + Breakout = Puckerz" description should be added to this thread's title to get Puckerz! some more attention.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Hey! Thank you for your support and honest opinion Just keep them coming, your suggestions will help us create a better game experience in the future updates.
02-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Between all the polish, the fantastic music and the fun old school gameplay, Puckerz! is an awesome little pucking app.

I think coolpowers' "Peggle + Breakout = Puckerz" description should be added to this thread's title to get Puckerz! some more attention.
Hey! Thanks for the suggestion! I'd love to do that except we have to tread carefully when it comes to intellectual properties and such. I changed the title a bit, I hope it helps.
02-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Picked this up last night. Very polished game and it plays well.
02-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpowers View Post
- I was put off by the name and the kinda childish "pucking" jokes in the trailer
Haha, so true. When I first saw the thread in the upcoming games section, I just ignored it because of the name. I ended up checking out the thread later and the trailers really piqued my interest. Not sure if I was the first one to buy it, but I was the first one listed on Game Center. Easily worth the $0.99.
02-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Didn't know it was already out. Downloading now.
02-01-2011, 01:07 PM
This game is awesome. I've only played a few levels but I'm loving it so far. Even the music is great. Similar to peggle but totally different in its own way. I was hesitant at first but I'm glad I took a chance. Great job!