★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Is Wolfenstein Recommendable for Those Who Haven't Played The Original?

03-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Is Wolfenstein Recommendable for Those Who Haven't Played The Original?

Hey guys,

I am a fan of fps games and was very disappointed when Cube didn't run as smoothly as I had hoped. Unfortunately, I have never played Wolfenstein before. Would you guys still recommend it for me (at the price of $5) or should I wait for something else? I know Doom is coming out soon, and the only other game I am looking at buying is Eliss (slightly different genre I know haha). I also have only $5 left in my iTunes and it won't replenish until Easter, if that means anything... So, should I get Wolfenstein?

Thanks!

By the way, I checked through all the forums and have not seen this question discussed.

Last edited by ricky; 03-28-2009 at 08:58 PM.
03-28-2009, 08:57 PM
5$ for wolfenstein is pretty steep but its a solid game
i think i would still recommend it
i would wait for price drop maybe

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games

03-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Deffinately I never played original but this is by fave game(at the moment)

Current faves:UniWar,Glyder, Assasin's Creed, Wolfenstein,Zenonia(beta testing)
☻/ my review site:cheatcodes4chicos
/▌reviewer at: appmania
/ \ There you go rocketman I've moved on from hobocity
03-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Have you ever played it before? I'm pretty sure you could find an online version or ROM of it and test it out first. I liked it on the PC.

Eliss is, well, entirely different. It's like an action/time management game, and a darn good one, too.

What do you feel like?
03-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Have you ever played it before? I'm pretty sure you could find an online version or ROM of it and test it out first. I liked it on the PC.

Eliss is, well, entirely different. It's like an action/time management game, and a darn good one, too.

What do you feel like?
Good idea for him. I absolutely recommend Wolfenstein 3D classic but do your research first. There are videos of Wolfenstein on youtube including this one

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-28-2009, 09:27 PM
I had know prior experience with this game, just bought it on a whim and I truely enjoy it. I do not feel the price is steep as I have paid over $20.00 for some of my apps. That's just me though, I was brought up with the ideals of you get what you pay for, obviously make sure you do as much research as you can, but this is enjoyable game.

Games Playing: Kids & Zombies, Infinity Gene, Q*bert, Resident Evil, Peggle, PacMan Remix
Listening to: Devin The Dude/ Waitin' to Inhale

Last edited by TRIPLE BEAM DREAM; 03-28-2009 at 09:28 PM. Reason: .
03-28-2009, 09:28 PM
After watching the video, the controls seem like they could screw up a lot. Is that true?
03-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcup1100 View Post
After watching the video, the controls seem like they could screw up a lot. Is that true?
No. You have a choice of very good controls. I like #1 best followed by #3

It's a very smooth game playing experience indeed.
03-28-2009, 09:29 PM
i like it better on iphone

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games