★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Defenders of Ardania Tower Defense/Offense Game

02-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Defenders of Ardania Tower Defense/Offense Game

Coming to Xbox, PSN, PC, and iPad!

Defenders of Ardania Announced
Video Interview & Announcement Trailer Released

NEW YORK – February 1st, 2011 – Paradox Interactive and Most Wanted Entertainment announced Defenders of Ardania during the Paradox Interactive Convention 2011. Defenders of Ardania is a next-generation tower defense game that is being developed for four different platforms - PC, iPad, PSN and XBLA. The game is set in the rich fantasy world of Majesty, but with a twist. Besides the addictive core mechanics of placing towers to stop advancing enemy units, Defenders of Ardania also allows players to take on the role of the attackers seeking to conquer the enemy base.

View video interview with Mattias Lilja, executive producer:

To view the announcement trailer, please visit:

Defenders of Ardanias innovative new game concepts include light RTS elements, taking the popular genre to the next level. Players must oversee unit production and upgrades while assembling the most effective army from one of three playable races, each with unique locations, towers, and units. However, without magic, a fantasy game is little more than a toothless lion (or dragon, rather), so a wide range of spells will be available for players to decimate their enemies and protect their forces.

Although Defenders of Ardania includes a single-player portion, the focus of the game is undoubtedly multiplayer, where two to four players can take each other on or compete against AI opponents via Internet, LAN, or PSN. The multiplayer component offers three different game modes where players can assume either the defensive or offensive sides –or both!

•An intriguing new take on the massively popular tower defense genre: players lead both offensive and defensive operations
•Ardania: the world of Majesty with three playable races and their unique environments
•Defense: 24 different upgradeable towers to erect against the invading enemy
•Attack: 24 varied units with diverse attributes to assemble into an offensive force
•Strong multiplayer component with a variety of game modes for up to four players
•Interactive environment that affects gameplay
•A wide range of offensive and defensive spells
Defenders of Ardania will be available in Q2, 2011.

For more information, please visit
Facebook: www.facebook.com/DefendersofArdania
Forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com
Looks exciting!

Game Center ID: NoThru22
02-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Just saw the trailer over on PocketGamer. Though I would say why do we need another TD game, I would still want this. Considering this is developed alongside the console versions and multiplayer, kind of reminds me of Dungeon Defenders. But perhaps it will actually work (LOL). Seems to have a more serious tone to it, rather than a cutesy one. (Don't get me wrong I really love Dungeon Defenders and I still play it, but it does have some issues right now.)

I'm a huge fan of Paradox's games.

02-01-2011, 06:05 PM
any chance this comes for the little brothers? this is the first TD that i'm excited about, and is not even for my iTouch...
02-02-2011, 04:37 AM
I'm very excited I love TD games and this looks awesome!!!!!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan
02-02-2011, 08:20 AM
I was hoping the trailer would have some gameplay snippets in there.
03-09-2011, 04:15 PM
03-09-2011, 06:37 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Oh My, Instabuy!

This really looks amazing.
03-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Looks great indeed!
03-09-2011, 07:06 PM
PC, iPad, PSN and XBLA
Here's to hoping for an iPhone/iPod version.
04-08-2011, 11:03 AM
this sure as hell wont come out soon enough