★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Promotion services - heard of or used any?

02-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Promotion services - heard of or used any?

Have any of you fellow developers heard of services like this site offers http://www.mobile-app-marketing-makeover.com/

This guy contacted me the same day my game was released on the App Store.

I know promotion is a huge part but I also dont want to just throw money away.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
02-02-2011, 07:59 PM
with a link like that I would say it was fake, but I have no clue. The best way is to submit reviews to Apple device and mobile game review sites.

http://www.VortexGamesInc.com

A new indie game development company with fun and passion in our heart.
02-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
I'll rewrite your entire App product page description using the copy techniques I suggested on the home page. Seeking out your App's features, and determining how they benefit the iPhone owner. I'll find a way to put the reader in the mindset of using your App before they even purchase, which will significantly increase the chance that they WILL buy. This is the Description that appears in the iTunes App Store.
I'll craft your press release so that the website editor or blogger that receives it will feel as if you've done the hard part for them... increasing your chances that they will publish an article or review about your App. I'll also provide you a copy of the press release with instructions so that you can send it to other sites or blogs that may be specific to your App's niche.
I'll distribute your press release to my distribution list of media contacts that include 408 website editors and bloggers that focus specifically on the iPhone or iPhone Apps! If there's a website that focuses on the iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Mobile Apps...they are on this list.
Paying someone 500 dollars to rewrite your appstore description and distribute a press release? Write it youself or see this guys qualifications first. And use prmac.com for press releases. My instinct is this guy is a rip-off.
02-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K?! View Post
Paying someone 500 dollars to rewrite your appstore description and distribute a press release? Write it youself or see this guys qualifications first. And use prmac.com for press releases. My instinct is this guy is a rip-off.
He's right, ask him for some examples and than contact other developers who use the service. I recommend submitting your app to app review websites. Or make it free for a day on some websites.
02-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epox View Post
He's right, ask him for some examples and than contact other developers who use the service. I recommend submitting your app to app review websites. Or make it free for a day on some websites.
I agree!

When we started doing iPhone games we Googled for iPhone review sites and tried to contact as many as possible to see if they were interested in getting news from us. When we actually released our first game, more people made contact with us via our website and with their agreement we added them to our iPhone mailing list. With each different platform we support, we do the same thing. Our mailing list has a few hundred sites all around the world for different platforms, and continues to grow. It doesn't take a lot of work to maintain the actual list, but having journalists you are in contact regularly does help to get you coverage when you need it!

If you use an outside agency, their mailing list is always theirs. You don't get to build a relationship with the media directly.

Hope this helps!